Your Thoughts: Muppets on Extreme Makeover

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't miss the Muppets tonight on ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition". Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy and Animal will also appear on "How Did They Do That?" on Monday. Check your local ABC station for times in your area.

Here is some more info on the appearance...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2005/022005.shtml

After you watch the show, post here and let us know your thoughts.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I'm surprised that they have Fozzie, Animal, and Piggy. Also surprised that there was no Gonzo.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
As always nice to see the muppets, especially on a tv show that is watched by so many people. I liked the appearance the muppets were funny and it is nice as always to see Fozzie out there too since he didn't get a spot in the last pizza hut comercial. I think Jim Henson would be proud to see his muppets being involved in a project like this. I especially liked the bit where kermit is yelling at the stuffed animals and realizes they are not real.

unclematt

Reaction score
I was happy with what they did. Of course I would have had them in more of the show but I am a Muppet Fan, probably a little biased. Fozzie is my favorite so I was very glad to see him there. I am looking forward to tomorrow night's "How'd They Do That". Wish they would have shown the full length "Muppet's Wizard of Oz" commercial to, as I have yet to see it.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
My thoughts were the same about the Wizard of Oz comercial.... In fact, I though they got caught off by local ads but I guess the little teaser is all they had. They do play the full comercial at the Disney store, and you can get it online here at muppet central but I can't seem to get it to work. As far as not seeing enough muppets, I'm surprised that they weren't around when the children came home.

doctort13

Reaction score
More Muppets please

I think that they could have shown more Muppets, but maybe it just wasn't possible to fit it all into 1 hour...and build a new house. I wish Ty made a Muppets playroom for the kids.

I'll tune in tomorrow night to see how it was all done.

Overall, I loved see our gang and thought the short bits that they had were very funny. Thanks Disney! Keep it up :smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
DannyRWW said:
My thoughts were the same about the Wizard of Oz comercial.... In fact, I though they got caught off by local ads but I guess the little teaser is all they had. They do play the full comercial at the Disney store, and you can get it online here at muppet central but I can't seem to get it to work. As far as not seeing enough muppets, I'm surprised that they weren't around when the children came home.
I was thinking the same thing about the kids not seeing the Muppets. Over all I was happy though. :smile:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
And the award for best line of the show goes to -

Michael: "Oh no, not you too!" (said to Kermit after Kermit yells in Michael's ear with his bullhorn)

And I agree with Paul; I wouldn't trust Fozzie with a hammer either.

Frogster

Reaction score
Uugh! Why do the Muppets continue to get more and more annoying? And by this, I'm talking about Kermit. Animal chasing the women and Fozzie dropping the fragile box were funny. But why does Kermit always have to make references to him being from the swamp? Every time he mentions the swamp, I think about what a terrible job he did on The Jimmy Kimmel Show ("Who's the green, private frog, who's a sex machine with a certain hog? It's Kerm... can you ribbit?). And I thought it was just stupid the way Kermit ran around blowing the megaphone at people, especially when he yelled at the stuffed animals. Seriously Kermit... I mean Steve. You're getting it to where, whenever I watch anything involving the Muppets with friends or family, I get embarrassed of you. My stepdad used to watch The Muppet Show, and he knows how Kermit was more of an adult back then. I remember watching IAVMMCM with him November 29, 2002, and he said, "Boy, I don't know who's doing Kermit these days, but he seems kinda crappy to me." He used to love watching The Muppet Show back then, and didn't see the Muppets as juvinille back then. He does now, and so do I.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I enjoyed the whole thing. I was also glad to see Fozzie and Kermit together. Animal was funny too. Who was doing Animal? It didn't sound so much like John Kenndy. But I loved every minute of it. I keeped hoping that the Swidish Chef would pop up from behind the kitchen counter. Now that would of been funnier. Can't wait for more tomorrow. YEAAAAA!!!! :smile: :mad: :embarrassed: