The Muppet Theatre

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This is all a proposed idea; but what do we know about the greatest theatre of all time? Well:
The design or layout probably looks like this. I admit, the "gray" area (the Lobby) is a gray area, in that we don't really know what it looks like, although it most likely would have existed.
The theatre had full and part time paid positions.
While we can be pretty sure that the theatre was not in the middle of nowhere, we're not entirely certain about it's exact location.
Originally, the theatre was owned by Scooter's Uncle J.P. Gross, but we learn in IAVMMC that the Muppets inherit the theatre from him.
The theatre was originally called the "Benny VanDerGast Memorial Theatre."
If you'd like a full list of Muppet Show characters, please visit the Kermitage's Muppet Show Character Guide.
If you'd like a complete list of Muppets, check out the Count's Muppet Listings, version 15.0
Your thoughts and input now, please.

christyb

Reaction score
Didn't Pop's have a desk or something in the lobby. Or am I remembering wrong. Overall very nicely done.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Wow that one pretty great layout. :excited:

But where's the restroom? - just kiddin':wink:

Very impressive work, Vic Romano.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Vic... Could we get a descript of that vonderful layout? Thanks.

christyb

Reaction score
Well, since the Muppets never did use one on air......It's an easy miss. LoL.:wink:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Sorry to double post:
christyb said:
Didn't Pop's have a desk or something in the lobby. Or am I remembering wrong. Overall very nicely done.
After watching multiple episodes, I'm relatively certain his desk is where I've located it on the blue print. Looking at pics over at the Palisades forum, that seems to be a generally accepted opinion. Also considering the performers and guests would have entered through the back, avoiding the public.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Pops worked the ticket booth out front (VMX) and also had a check-in desk by the backstage door (the steps which lead outside).

There was a canteen under the theater, and a basement (remember when the pigs took over the show)? The steps down to that were through a door across from Pops' check-in booth by the backstage door.

Straight across from Kermit's desk was a door that lead outside, right next to that was a closet door.

The back of the stage went all the way against the back wall of the building (in Dudley Moore's ep (?) the wall was exploded and you could see outside).

I figured the location of the Muppets to have been set in New York for a long time, but nowadays I figure it to be in Washington DC, since that's where Sam and Friends started, plus that's the point of the spiral in MFS.

You have created a VERY Extravagant floor-plan, though! Your research into TMS and the characters and the roles they played on the show has been very thorough and concise! I'm proud of you for being our resident technical wizard!

You and Gorgon Heap should have some discussions, as Dave is the resident Guru of all that is TMS--he knows more trivia than was ever even created for that show, HA!