Important news on antron fleece

gastage

Reaction score
:eek:

The rumors are true....the Antron "Puppet" fleece is being discontinued. The company that produces the thread is no longer going to make it. The company that fabricates the material is working on a new fabric and they will have samples ready in the next couple of weeks. Meanwhile, the manufacturer has found another lot of Antron thread and has purchased it. This "LAST" lot will be available mid-late March. If you need fleece or will need it in the future you can place you order to reserve. I know this puts many people in a bind for the future and I will do my best to fill all your orders. I will be putting in this "FINAL" order next week and will need a total then. If you have any questions or just want a sample of the new fabric you can email me at info@gastage.com. All the best to all my customers.
:cry:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Wow, that's some serious news. So this means Antron is being discontinued across the board I take it. In other words, no manufacturers are going to be producing Antron anymore. This is history in the making, a lot of people in the puppet making business will be upset I'm sure.

Iokitek

Reaction score
Well I wanted to fool around with Antron abit swell. Guess I have to wait for the substitute though. But who says it's a bad thing? Perhaps they discontinued it because their new fabric is much better. And hopefully also cheaper then.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the cash value for Antron go up then if it become so rare? I'm guessing this would also apply to puppets made out of Antron then.

gastage

Reaction score
:smile: Actually, the company that made the thread discontinued it because Antron was only used by a small group and it wasn't cost effective for them anymore. The new fabric is not theirs. The company that takes the Antron thread to make the fleece is using a similar thread already available to them and trying to fabricate a new material as similar to Antron as they can. Depending on how difficult that is will determine the price. Right now it appears that it will be very much the same in price but that's not a definite. As far as the Antron that is left...and there is only 1 company in this country that manufactures it....the price remains the same. I hope that answers your questions.

Kathy,
GA Stage :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oof. So, what'll they do to make Muppets now?

gastage

Reaction score
I'm sure they have a good bit in stock but I actually don't know. I think the smaller puppet companies will feel it more. I have several companies that are really concerned for their clients. I certainly hope the new fabric will work for everyone.

Kathy

whatadoddle

Reaction score
Hi, any uk suppliers of the remaining Antron fleece? Thanks!

gastage

Reaction score
My understanding is there is not anyone in the UK who makes this fabric. I have 9 customers in the UK and close to 45 others outside the US. I'm sure with the cost of customs & shipping etc. they would all be purchasing from a local vendor if it was available to them. It would be far cheaper and I would totally understand.

Kathy
GA Stage :smile:

itchekadoozy

Reaction score
I'd like to experiment with antron fleece. I don't really want to dye it though. Anyone know where I can get pre-dyed antron fleece in various colors? Or anyone have a yard or so of various colors laying around?