Cartoon with a girl making a list

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Does anyone remember this short cartoon? A girl's mother asks her to go to the store and buy her a few things and the girl repeats everything to herself the whole way there. I was making a list myself the other day and it popped into my head. I think she is supposed to buy: A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter. Was there anything else? Does anyone remember what else happens in this cartoon? Thanks!

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I'm quoting Convincing John here:

Okay, the setting is a mother and her daughter, both in afros and drawn in a "cross-hatched" style. The daughter has a yellow dress and matching bow in her hair.

Mother: "Okay, I want you to go to the store for me and get a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter. If you can't remember, I'll write it down for you."

Girl: "That's okay, Mommy. I won't forget." (Girl leaves and closes the door). A short drumroll plays, followed by a flute tune, as the girl walks along a virtually blank, white background. "A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter...a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter...a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter...a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter..." The girl arrives at the store, which is simply labeled "STORE" in blue letters, and she goes in and lays her money on the counter.

Girl: "Sir, could I have a loafs of bread, (yes, she says "loafs"...innocent kid's mistake), a container of milk...and...(scratches her afro)...I can't remember. (Points to camera)...Can YOU remember what my mommy said?"

A psychadelic "thought balloon" flashes different colors, accompanied by a crazy, echoing xylophone sound effect. Her mother's outlined face appears in the thought balloon and says "A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter." (The store vanishes, and is replaced by her home).

Girl: "Mommy! Mommy! I remembered! A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter." (A shot of the foods is shown, as the words BREAD, MILK and BUTTER appear on them).

Mother: "You have a good memory, honey!"

Girl: "Thank you, Mommy."

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks! I can totally picture the mother and daughter now! I find myself doing the same thing when I need to remember several things (repeating them over and over). Guess I got it from this cartoon!