UK Muppets Pop-Up Video Box sets

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was wandering if anyone in the UK can help. I remember buying the first video release of Muppets Take Manhattan in my local Woolworths, probably Xmas 1985!! When I watched it it was faulty and in black and white. I took it back to Woolworth to change but they didnt have another one! However they did have a box set of 3 Muppets Videos on the Palace label. The videos in the Boxset are quite common and easy to find on ebay etc, they are Muppets Go To The Movies, A Muppet Family Xmas and The Christmas Toy. The box set had all 3 videos and the end of one side of the box opened to reveal a great Muppets Card 3-D Pop-Up scene. As I already had the Muppets Family Xmas taped from TV and had bought Go To The Movies seperatly, I said I didnt want it. Much to my regret now!! I know that the pink cover Palace videos also came in a boxset, Muppets 30 years and 2 Muppet Babies tapes, I have the box for this which is focused on Muppet Babies, and the Pop-Up part is missing, I also believe that the blue spine videos also came in a boxset, MM, GMG, and Dark Crystal.
Does anyone have these video Boxsets, I have never seen them on ebay, I have never seen them on collectible websites, and would love to be able to see a picture of them, just so I know I remember correctly.......I was only 8 at the time!! Please help!!!?

Thanks

Chris :sympathy:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
Hi Guys,

I was wandering if anyone in the UK can help. I remember buying the first video release of Muppets Take Manhattan in my local Woolworths, probably Xmas 1985!! When I watched it it was faulty and in black and white. I took it back to Woolworth to change but they didnt have another one! However they did have a box set of 3 Muppets Videos on the Palace label. The videos in the Boxset are quite common and easy to find on ebay etc, they are Muppets Go To The Movies, A Muppet Family Xmas and The Christmas Toy. The box set had all 3 videos and the end of one side of the box opened to reveal a great Muppets Card 3-D Pop-Up scene. As I already had the Muppets Family Xmas taped from TV and had bought Go To The Movies seperatly, I said I didnt want it. Much to my regret now!! I know that the pink cover Palace videos also came in a boxset, Muppets 30 years and 2 Muppet Babies tapes, I have the box for this which is focused on Muppet Babies, and the Pop-Up part is missing, I also believe that the blue spine videos also came in a boxset, MM, GMG, and Dark Crystal.
Does anyone have these video Boxsets, I have never seen them on ebay, I have never seen them on collectible websites, and would love to be able to see a picture of them, just so I know I remember correctly.......I was only 8 at the time!! Please help!!!?

Thanks

Chris :sympathy:
I have only seen the pop-up box set on the blue one, the others I seem to remember had a colour a picture competion where you colour in Piggy & Kermit, I can't remember what the prize was but it certainly a muppet item.

The pop-up had a fraggle Rock background setting with one row the villains of "DC", the 2nd row was the main muppets (Kermit, Piggy, Animal, etc). The 3rd was the Fraggle and on final row were some of the Muppet babies and the Doozers.

BTW the Palace/Henson videos were released round about 1989 :wink:

Hope this info helps :smile: