Will there EVER be a new Fraggle production?

T

timrikthegorf

It seems that the Jim Henson Compnay is now using the fraggle gang when they do a press release as they are the last muppet character left with the company. Frankly I don't think it's right to use these characters for promotion of the compnay when the compnay hasn't used them in many years. So, I think there should be soime kind of new production, like a special or a movie or even a new show. Does anyone know of any plans to make any kind of new fraggle production? :smirk:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I think, nay, I hope there's a new one. They're really all JHC has left (lets not kid ourselves here) so to give the company a bit o' wee publicity they may start a new series. I hope they do!

T

timrikthegorf

Exactly. They are the only muppets left with the company. They really ought to use them.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I think it would be wrong to bring them back now, 20 years after the fact. With Richard and Jerry gone, (and performers aging) it wouldn't be the same. I think Henson should create a new show with new characters, a new concept, but the same good old Henson magic. Let's not ruin the legacy of Gobo, Wembly, Red, Mokey, Boober, Junior, Pa, Ma, Sproket, and Doc. Marketing the old stuff is great, but a new production with the old character is a little late and desperate for the franchise. I don't think they could sucessfully bring back the characters with out underminding the old stuff.

But recreating the original show is impossible, I don't think they should try to do it. They only way I could see Henson remaking the Fraggles is if they add a new twist and didn't recreate the original. For example if it was Fraggle Rock: The Next Generation, with all new Fraggles, new Gorgs, and a new human character. Or even a Fraggle Rock prequel (with a young Uncle Matt exploring Fraggle Rock with friends, before Gobo and the gang were grown up And he ran into a baby Junior gorg). But recreating the original show is impossible, I don't think they should try to do it now.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
I think it would be wrong to bring them back now, 20 years after the fact. With Richard and Jerry gone, (and performers aging) it wouldn't be the same. I think Henson should create a new show with new characters, a new concept, but the same good old Henson magic. Let's not ruin the legacy of Gobo, Wembly, Red, Mokey, Boober, Junior, Pa, Ma, Sproket, and Doc. Marketing the old stuff is great, but a new production with the old character is a little late and desperate for the franchise. I don't think they could sucessfully bring back the characters with out underminding the old stuff.

But recreating the original show is impossible, I don't think they should try to do it. They only way I could see Henson remaking the Fraggles is if they add a new twist and didn't recreate the original. For example if it was Fraggle Rock: The Next Generation, with all new Fraggles, new Gorgs, and a new human character. Or even a Fraggle Rock prequel (with a young Uncle Matt exploring Fraggle Rock with friends, before Gobo and the gang were grown up And he ran into a baby Junior gorg). But recreating the original show is impossible, I don't think they should try to do it now.

I like the Prequel Idea as a Special not a Show the fraggle ock : Next Generation would be fun

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Yeah, a new fun little Fraggle Special special like...umm...gulp...Kermit's Swamp Years.

christyb

Reaction score
We can only dream of returning back to the good ol' days. But alas, we cannot go back. (BTW I wonder if that was a good gulp or a bad gulp) I would like to see things like Fraggle Rock again but somehow bringing it back doesn't seem right. And making a movie with them really wouldn't fit. But something new. That's what the Henson Co. needs. (especially since they've sold off everything else they've had)

P.S. I liked Swamp Years. But this isn't about that is it?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
christyb said:
(BTW I wonder if that was a good gulp or a bad gulp)
I was just bracing myself for the possible attacks from the people who think Swamp Years is the worst and most evil production in Muppet history that would be upset that the Fraggles would ever be compaired to the production. I personally loved Swamp Years and would like to see more productions like it (along with the zany and edgy Muppet productions). I think some people just had unfair expectations for it, didn't give it a chance, or tried to judge it as something it wasn't.

Now, let's not let this thread become about Swamp Years (there are others around here if you want to talk about it). I just think that a family/child friendly and fun special/movie with a new look at the concept of Fraggle Rock would be great (like having new fraggles/Gorg/Humans but in the same universe would be great).

King Prawn

Reaction score
Since it seems like the Henson company now seem to want to produced movies using computers I wouldn't be at all opposed to seeing a Fraggle CGI film of some sought, i'd rather see them as CGI characters rather than not see them at all.

Seeing as they would be using computers they could do incredible things to the rock (Fraggle rock) and take the charcaters like far into the gorgs universe. I'd really like to see the Fraggle's used in some sought of new production.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Yeah, a new fun little Fraggle Special special like...umm...gulp...Kermit's Swamp Years.

well its nice that you liked it, but if we did seea new Fraggle production, we better hope it isnt like swamp years at all, because then we wont see anything from them again.