muppet maniac

Reaction score
Muppets Valentine Special
*Ernie and Bert

TMS pilot:Sex and Violence:
Bert

The Muppet Show:

*Ernie and Bert in the Connie Stevens episode

*Big Bird in the episode#66(with Leslie Uggams)

*Cookie Monster,Ernie,Bert,The Count,Grover,and two AM Muppets in the Marty Feldman episode

The Muppet Movie:
*Big Bird

The Great Muppet Caper:
*Oscar the Grouch

The Muppets Take Manhattan(Kermit and Piggy's wedding scene):
*Big Bird
*Cookie Monster
*Oscar the Grouch
*Ernie
*Bert
*Grover
*Herry Monster
*The Count
*Telly Monster(look closely,you'll see him)
*Buster the Horse
*Honker
...and there might be some others as well

*All Sesame Muppets in the Muppets' 30th anniversary celebration special
*Entire SS gang in Muppet Family Christmas

*In "The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show",the scene with Kermit and the other Muppets in the control room(picture of this can be found in "Jim Henson:The Works"),there is a screen with a clip of Bert

*And Deanmo19 mentioned that there was an old PSA with Kermit,Grover,and a whole bunch of other Muppet monsters in it.

...were there any more SS character appearances on anything else-like The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson special?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
No I think you've just about covered them all.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
The Muppets Take Manhattan(Kermit and Piggy's wedding scene)
*Big Bird
*Cookie Monster
*Oscar the Grouch
*Ernie
*Bert
*Grover
*Herry Monster
*The Count
*Telly Monster(look closely,you'll see him)
*Buster the Horse
*Honker
...and there might be some others as well
Besides those characters, Biff, Sully, Guy Smiley, Elmo, Two-Headed Monster, Sherlock Hemlock, Forgetful Jones and Grungetta were there. I think Simon Soundman was there as well, and I think I have once read that Deena and Pearl were there, too.

muppet maniac said:
*All Sesame Muppets in the Muppets' 30th anniversary celebration special
*Entire SS gang in Muppet Family Christmas
Actually, not all Sesame Street characters were in either of them. Besides generic whatnots that I don't know the names of, the 30th anniversary special featured:
Big Bird
Oscar The Grouch
Bert
Ernie
The Count
Grover
Biff
Sully
Telly Monster
Two-Headed Monster
Cookie Monster
Herry Monster
Sherlock Hemlock
Guy Smiley
Forgetful Jones
Elmo (I think)
Telly Monster
Bruno
The Amazing Mumford (i think)
Grungetta
Mr. Snuffleupagus also appeared in the clip montage that lead to some Sesame Street clips but didn't actually appear in the special, and if you want to count Follow That Bird, then Donnie Dodo, Marie Dodo, and Miss Finch all appeared in this special.

The following Sesame Street characters appeared in A Muppet Family Christmas:
Big Bird
Ernie
Bert
Cookie Monster
Grover
herry Monster
The Count
Two-Headed Monster
Guy Smiley
Elmo
Prarie dawn
Big Jeffy
Sherlock hemlock
Forgetful Jones
Buster
the black and white cow (has been called cathleen and natalie)
Maurice Monster
Osvaldo The grouch
Simon Soundman
Biff
Sully
some Honkers
and a few anything muppets and monsters that I don't know the names of. i think there might have been a few more generic grouches as well.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
it's too bad Snuffy has had no interaction outside Sesame Street

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
it's too bad Snuffy has had no interaction outside Sesame Street
If Snuffy had appeared in The Muppet Movie, The Muppets take manhattan or The Muppets: A Celebration Of Thirty years, then it would have broke continuity since at the time only Big Bird could see Snuffy back then, unless there had been a clever way of hiding Snuffy from the other characters. Of course, the Snuffleupagus clip in the 30th anniversary special could have broken continuity because the other characters could have saw him on the clip. Thenm again, I am not sure if the anniversary special was broadcast before or after Snuffy became visible to everybody else.

As for A Muppet Family Christmas, it's possible that Martin P. Robinson didn't perform in that special, since he wasn't credited (there were uncredited performers, like Terry Angus and Rick Lyon). Of course, Snuffy (and Telly) could have been there and not have any lines (elmo and prarie dawn were there without lines, and their performers weren't credited). I am not sure if henson just didn't want to go through the trouble of transporting Snuffy if he was not going to be used for anything significant. Big Bird was the only full-body muppet in that special (sweetums didn't even appear).

I also think that Bruno should have been in The Muppet Movie, The Muppets take manhattan, and A Muppet Family Christmas.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
If Snuffy had appeared in The Muppet Movie, The Muppets take manhattan or The Muppets: A Celebration Of Thirty years, then it would have broke continuity since at the time only Big Bird could see Snuffy back then, unless there had been a clever way of hiding Snuffy from the other characters. Of course, the Snuffleupagus clip in the 30th anniversary special could have broken continuity because the other characters could have saw him on the clip. Thenm again, I am not sure if the anniversary special was broadcast before or after Snuffy became visible to everybody else.

As for A Muppet Family Christmas, it's possible that Martin P. Robinson didn't perform in that special, since he wasn't credited (there were uncredited performers, like Terry Angus and Rick Lyon). Of course, Snuffy (and Telly) could have been there and not have any lines (elmo and prarie dawn were there without lines, and their performers weren't credited). I am not sure if henson just didn't want to go through the trouble of transporting Snuffy if he was not going to be used for anything significant. Big Bird was the only full-body muppet in that special (sweetums didn't even appear).

I also think that Bruno should have been in The Muppet Movie, The Muppets take manhattan, and A Muppet Family Christmas.
Hmmmm. I think MFC aired after Snuffy was revealed. Also, I thought it was just the adults on "Sesame Street" who couldn't see Snuffy at first, but didn't he interact with other Muppets from time to time?

Also in response to your comment about uncredited performers, another one would probably be Kevin Clash. I'm assuming he performed Elmo there. But this was back in the old days when Elmo was basically a background character, so he didn't have any speaking parts.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Hmmmm. I think MFC aired after Snuffy was revealed. Also, I thought it was just the adults on "Sesame Street" who couldn't see Snuffy at first, but didn't he interact with other Muppets from time to time?

Also in response to your comment about uncredited performers, another one would probably be Kevin Clash. I'm assuming he performed Elmo there. But this was back in the old days when Elmo was basically a background character, so he didn't have any speaking parts.

You're right, I believe it was just the grown-ups who never saw Snuffy. We know that some of the other Muppets interacted with Snuffy at the time, like Elmo who tried to hold onto Snuffy to keep him from getting away.

Also, as far as Elmo in MFC, I think this was before Clash really took over the character.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Yes, Muppet Family Christmas aired after he was revealed (I never said that it was before). If the human adults were the only ones who didn't see snuffy, then I wonder why they couldn't just beleive anybody else who saw snuffy. I have read about a skit where ernie saw snuffy but bert thought Ernie was imagining, and explained what imagination means, then bert saw him and ernie thought that bert was imagining. I also read about an episode where Forgetful Jones saw him, but then forgot about his experience before he could tell anybody.

It is weird to think that the regular human adults had to see Snuffy in order for them to believe that he existed. if somebody they could regularly interract with (besides Big Bird) saw him, couldn't they just believe them (elmo saw snuffy, so elmo could be a witness)?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
The following Sesame Street characters appeared in A Muppet Family Christmas:
Big Bird
Ernie
Bert
Cookie Monster
Grover
herry Monster
The Count
Two-Headed Monster
Guy Smiley
Elmo
Prarie dawn
Big Jeffy
Sherlock hemlock
Forgetful Jones
Buster
the black and white cow (has been called cathleen and natalie)
Maurice Monster
Osvaldo The grouch
Simon Soundman
Biff
Sully
some Honkers
and a few anything muppets and monsters that I don't know the names of. i think there might have been a few more generic grouches as well.

Oscar was there as well, just to let ya know.

What about the Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson special? Any Sesame characters popped up there?