Muppet Cartoons?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I remember the show Little Muppet Monsters vaguely... but there is one thing I saw on there (I think) that was unbelievable to me... did they have cartoon shorts of the actual TMS Muppets? I'm talking totally animated, not Muppet Babies, but adult Muppets. So if they were on this show, or any others, can anyone answer these questions:
1. Were these real or was I delusional?
2. How many episodes/shorts were there?
3. I remember Kermit and Fozzie, but what other characters (if any) appeared?
4. Did the actual Muppet performers voice their respective characters?
5. What animation company was responsible for these cartoons?
6. Are they available to buy/watch/legally download anywhere?
7. How long (years/months) were they on?
8. Were they simply animation shorts (if so, about how long) or did they fill an entire half hour?
I would really like ANY information about this stuff if there is any. Thanks!

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I Don't know of what u are talking abought but i found this i have never heard of Muppets Monster Adventure this might help if not can somebody explain this i can't believe i have never heard of this :confused:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
opps I didn't see that it was a Video Game my bad why is there Video games on IMDB.com? :attitude:

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
From what I vaguely remember of this, there were at least two cartoons featuring Muppet characters.

One was Pigs in Space(I think). The other was Kermit & Fozzie(and I think Piggy as well) as some sort of Private Eye service.

From what I remember, the same people who voiced Kermit & Fozzie on Muppet Babies also voiced them here. Piggy has someone else for her voice(not sure if it was Frank himself).

That's all I can remember.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
In 1987 durring the huge success of Muppet Babies CBS decided to expand the muppet series by adding an extra half-hour which was to be filled by a new show called "Little Muppet Monsters". The whole hour block would be dubbed "Jim Henson's Muppet's, Babies and Monsters". The show was a mixture of live action puppetry (mainly just introductions to the cartoons) and animated skits featuring Muppet characters. The show featured a few regular cartoons skits; Pigs In Space, Kermit and Fozzie Private Eyes, Animal's Exercises, Muppet Labs, and Fozzie's Comedy Classics among a few others. Sadly it proved too much and the show was pulled by Jim Henson, after only two shows had aired; 18 shows were created altogether. CBS droped the Monsters and went back to just the regular 1/2 hour of Muppet Babies.

These are hidden gems of Muppet fandom. Not many episodes are avaliable and many fans don't even know the show was created. I truely hope that this show gets re-released somehow, as I know it would be joy to see. Possible DVD release (or even as bonus features on other Muppet DVDs).

From the two episdoes I saw it was great, but the amount of work it took the Muppeteers (like Jim, Frank, Richard, and Dave) to do took away from other Muppet projects, and so Jim pulled the plug; which in the long run was probally best. The reason CBS never aired the other episodes is they did not want to create more of a fan base and awareness for a show that would not be continued. I really wish that the show was made avalilbe by The Muppet Holding Co (part of Disney) somehow.

1. Were these real or was I delusional?
They were real.

2. How many episodes/shorts were there?
18 episodes were made, but only 2 aired before Jim Henson pulled the plug. Each was half-an-hour (30 min.) and it ran in 1985.

3. I remember Kermit and Fozzie, but what other characters (if any) appeared?
Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, Animal, Bunsen, Beaker, the whole The Pigs In Space Cast, and a few more.

4. Did the actual Muppet performers voice their respective characters?
Yes, Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Richard Hunt, Jerry Nelson, and Dave Goelz all did voices along with many other Muppeteers. That's what made this show great. The proper people were doing the voices. Jim Henson was Kermit, Frank Oz was Fozzie and Piggy, Richard Hunt was Scooter, Dave Goelz was Gonzo. It was great that they did the voices for the cartoons!

5. What animation company was responsible for these cartoons?
It was made by the same people who did Muppet Babies, it too also aired on CBS.

6. Are they available to buy/watch/legally download anywhere?
Not that I know of, I would really like to be able to see the show again, and see the unaired episdoes. The Muppet Holding Company (Disney) owns the show now, so maybe you want to try to get them to release it.

7. How long (years/months) were they on?
Two weeks

8. Were they simply animation shorts (if so, about how long) or did they fill an entire half hour?
They filled a entire half-hour with a series of short skits (similar to Looney Tunes).

Also here are some pictures from the show:
1) Selected Characters
2) Gonzo & Animal

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Well What Do U Know I Am A 80's Cartoon Buff And I Could Remember It Thank You

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Thank you GelflingWaldo... D@** you're the man! I knew I wasn't crazy. I wonder if there are any members with deep obscure collections have any of this stuff. You know, the funny thing really is is that this show is like barely ever mentioned on this forum, of course with such a short run I can see why.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
From what I remember, the same people who voiced Kermit & Fozzie on Muppet Babies also voiced them here. Piggy has someone else for her voice(not sure if it was Frank himself).

That's all I can remember.
I know GelflingWaldo showed that this wasn't so, but Mr. Moose, I thought you may be interested in this:
Frank Welker who voiced baby Kermit, Beaker and Scooter on Muppet Babies ALSO voiced:
Santa's L'il Helper from the earlier episodes of The Simpsons
Marvin from Superfriends
Jabberjaw from Jabberjaw
Dynomutt from Dynomutt
Hefty Smurf from the Smurfs
Stripe from Gremlins
Blades/Buzzsaw/Chromedome/Frenzy/Galvatron/Groove/Laserbeak/Megatron/
Mirage/Mixmaster/Ratbat/Ravage/Rumble/Skywarp/Sludge/Soundwave/Superion/
Trailbreaker/Wheelie/Teletraan 2 from Transformers
Ray Stantz and Slimer from The Real Ghostbusters
Booker/Sheldon/Bo from Garfield and Friends
Rahzar/Tokka from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
Abu from almost every Aladdin flick
and Fred Jones from Scooby-Doo from the 80's on plus a boat load of others. If you want his complete bio (it's long) check this out:
http://imdb.com/name/nm0919798/

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Thank you GelflingWaldo... D@** you're the man!
No problem, just spreading the knowledge. I'm glad your not crazy too.