Palisades to produce Sesame Street Action Figures

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Be on the lookout for Toy Fare Magazine Issue #90. There should be some big Muppet toys news that'll impact all of us here on the forums. Can't comment cause I don't have the magazine and I was sworn to secrecy to a forum friend. But whoever has it by now knows what I'm talkin' about.
And it'll make us all shout for joy from the mountaintops to the rooftops.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Yes I have seen on the palisades forum the news!! :wink: :flirt:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I've been on the Palisades board and think I know some of the news. I don't think we'll know the full news until it is released officially.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The target release date for this magazine is on 12/8/2004.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

Luke

Reaction score
The news is that Palisades seem to have picked up a Sesame Street action figure license of some kind. No more details are really out there, although on the front of Toyfare it says "Super Grover Debuts" so that could be the first exclusive?

It's ok news, i'm not a Sesame fan at all but i know loads of Muppet fans are and of course there'll be all the Sesame fans who aren't Muppet fans buying into the line too so you've got two big collectors bases merging and it'll have the potential to be a huge seller for them.

T

timrikthegorf

This is great news! I'm glad the f4a figures never made it out. They would have failed and then the license would have been in limbo for years. Looks like Palisades came in and saved it! And if Sweetums (a some what obscure character that hasn't been used much) can get an fully in scale figure, surely Big Bird (a consistantly main character for 35 years and counting) can get a properl scaled figure and even a playset. This is fantastic!

Whatever

Reaction score
I'm happy about it as well. I want a two headed monster!

T

timrikthegorf

I wondwer if Super Grover is an exclusive or one of the figures in the first series. It would be interesting if Palisades mirrored the first series that F4A set up. I also wonder if Super Grocver will be able to turn into regular grover. That would be a nice touch.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... I'd prefer it if they followed their other superhero Muppet figures with this one. Release a Super Grover exclusive figure on his own, and then release a signature figure of Grover himself as part of the line. Mayhaps an S2 or S3 anchor? Well, hope the news gets posted soon after this Wednesday's release.