Close Encounters of the Cosby Kind

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I wanted to tell you about something pretty cool that happened to me. Recently, Bill Cosby performed where I live. Months ago, I got in line for tickets, and through pure dumb luck, I got front row seats! I could NOT believe it! My idea was to suprise my sister for her birthday...but I was surprised myself!

Bill Cosby was excellent, telling stories about his wife, about old people, babies, and even doing his famous "Dentist" routine.

Now here's the coolest part. Bill Cosby was telling a story, and he mentioned that he wanted to have enough time to tell another story. He said "Could I have the time please, sir?"

And he pointed to me... :big_grin:

And I just glanced at my watch and said "A quarter after nine." just like I would to anyone else.

"A quarter after nine?" said Cosby. "Okay, good. I wanna tell you this story about my wife..."

It didn't hit me until later that I got to tell Bill Cosby what time it was! I know it's no BIG deal or anything, but it'll always make me smile.:smile:

Just thought I'd share...

Convincing John

christyb

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. That's something that you will remember forever.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Groovetacular! I saw Bill Cosby in Erie a couple years back. I wished I was the guy in the front row who he talked to for a couple minutes and gave a t-shirt to!
Erin