SS questions.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
it's mostly concerning the human cast. > 1. i can remember occasionaly seeing them go at it with each other witch you haven't seen in years on the show. 1 such skit was 1 of thbe 69 SSU shows where Mr. Hooper makes a chair with 3 legs instead of 4 and Gordon says to Hooper there's only 3 legs and he's naturally a little annoyed with Gordon and while he claimed he hasn't finished, Gordon still bugs Hooper about it. > 2. i read about this one in that magazine article at the Hooperfan site where Susan asks about going to work at some heath care agency feeling they could use her help and Gordon replies if it bugs you that much we'll see about it. his comment there meant, he really didn't approve of her working outside the home. stange to have had an adult situation where susan wants to get a job and Gordon objects to it. > 3. the 1976 episode where Mr. Hooper celebrates the 25th aniversary of his store and closes the store at lunch time to get ready for the occasion. David himself doesn't know about this and becomes outraged at this having an arguement with Mr. Hooper and he hollers at David letting him know that he's in charge and can do whatever he wants. > 4.last one i'll mention is when Mr. Hooper gets his high school deploma. > mainly what i'm asking is what do you think about episodes with these situations that the audience wouldn't of understood at such a young age? and the fact that there's isn't perhaps any conflict between the adult cast in today's SS?

sesameguy

Reaction score
One of the things that separates "classic" from "modern" Sesame Street episodes is the lack of adults talking just to other adults, with no muppets present. Although it has always been infrequent, it did happen a few times on the show in the "old days." I don't recall many "big fights" between the adults. There were disagreements, but they were usually civil.

An example would be the episode where Barkley is named, and Gordon and Bob take sides as to which name ("Woof-woof vs. Barkley") that they prefer. It's not a heated debate, but it's there. So I don't think those minor fights were too much for young kids to handle.