Sesame Workshop launches "Healthy Habits for Life"

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With almost 1 in 3 American children packing too many pounds, "Sesame Street" characters Elmo and Rosita went to Capitol Hill yesterday to join senators in kicking off a national campaign to trim waistlines.

The Sesame initiative includes two public service announcements and plans for a traveling museum exhibit on diet and exercise. There will also be an emphasis on healthy eating and exercise in season 36 beginning in April 2005.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/052004.shtml

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've already noticed there has been a PSA (wh9ich aired of all times during Ninja Turtles) in which Luis and Elmo are talking about intorducing kids to healty foods... which as we all know Sesame Street, they take it quite literally....

Erine81981

Reaction score
Also it says that the next season will be coming up in the year 2005. YEA ANOHTER YEAR OF SESAME STREET!!!! YES!

McFraggle

Reaction score
I think its a good idea, but how cool would it have been if they had Cookie Monster telling kids about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.

Censored

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I think its a good idea, but how cool would it have been if they had Cookie Monster telling kids about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.

Well, they had Cookie Monster doing just that in his famous musical number "Healthy Foods." Also, a much lesser known Cookie Monster moment was a public service commercial that he did in the mid 70's about eating healthy. It was shot on film and Cookie is outside eating a nutritious meal. The voice of a confused narrator says that he thought he only ate cookies. Cookie Monster says, "Monster cannot only eat cookies and stay healthy." To stay in character, after Cookie finishes his meal, it is time for dessert. Cookie Monster blows a whistle and a dump truck unloads a giant pile of cookies onto him as he screams "COOKIE!"