Judy Collins on Sesame Street

mikebennidict

Reaction score
like Buffy St. Marie, she was sort of a part time cast memeber. and i say that because the both of them were probably not on as much as the others. same with Buffy St. Marie. wile we're on the JC subject, here's some of her works on the show. >1 was a song she sung with a bunch of kids called Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. 2. ooooh the sunshine, she along with some of the SS cast were at some N.Y. C. park near the water and if i'm not mistaken, though there was sun, i don't recall it being all that sunny out. neithr of those 2 i thought were all that great. > 3. was her with the muppet singing the song called the song without a reason or rhyme.

ssetta

Reaction score
The only song I've seen her do on the show was "Fisher Men" song.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
This is a song without a reason,a song without a rhyme:

This is a song without a reason a song without a rhyme
A song you sing because you feel like singing do do do do
Well you don't need rhyme or reason to sing a happy song
do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do

A song that you can sing or hum or whistle do do do do
Well you don't need rhyme or reason to sing a happy song
do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do

You can sing it high or low
You can sing it fast or slow
It doesn't matter . . . .
do do do do do do do do do do

A song that doesn't even have an ending do do do do
La la la la la la la (etc.)

sesameguy

Reaction score
Yes, Judy Collins was on the show quite a bit! Thanks for the lyrics to "song without a rhyme." That brings back memories. You can find two of Judy's Sesame St. songs ("Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow" and "One thing leads to another") on the old "Stars come out on Sesame Street" album. Also, Judy released a studio version of "Fishermen's song" on an album of hers called "True stories and other dreams".

Other classic skits with Judy were:

"The Sad Princess" - The story of a princess who really wanted to be a carpenter, and finally got her wish.

The "Yes" song - Biff and Sully meet Judy in the "tire swing" area just outside Hooper's store. They have the word "Yes" printed on their hard hats. They explain that they've started a group called "Yes." "We thought about calling ourselves 'No', but that sounded too negative, right Sull?" Together, Judy Biff and Sully perform the song "Yes." Good song! (No, Sully doesn't sing! He just waves his arms to the melody, I think.)

The "water" song - classic skit where the cast members sing a song about water before running into the surf at the beach.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
There's also another one where, in front of a curtain, she sings a madrigal rendition of the alphabet with Snuffy (who has a creepy tenor voice).

ssetta

Reaction score
I think it's actually from Season 11. Believe it or not, I think Snuffy was voiced by Richard Hunt in this one.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
it would of had to have been before that because Collins was on from 1975-1979.