Your Thoughts: vBulletin 3.0.1

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our upgrade to vBulletin 3.0.1 is now complete.

If you have any problems or issues, please respond and let us know.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I've encountered a minor issue since the upgrade. I use Norton Internet Security 2004 for virus protection and as a firewall at home and something in this version of vBulletin is triggering security alerts. Whenever I post I get the following message:

This page provides potentially unsafe information to an Active X control. As a result some portions of the page may not display correctly.

I'm still able to see the page(s) correctly as far as I can tell and it doesn't interfere with my ability to post so it's more annoying than anything. I don't have a good understanding of how Active X controls work yet, but I run the Norton software at a fairly low security level so I'm guessing that there's some potentially bad code in the current release of vBulletin. I doubt anyone can do anything about it but I'm going to report the issue to the vBulletin folks and see what they say.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using the WYSIWYG editor or the standard editor?

If you do have the WYSIWYG enabled, try changing it to the standard editor. You can do this by going to: User cp -> Edit options -> Miscellaneous Options -> Standard editor.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think I'm just using the standard editor. I wasn't even aware there was a WYSISYG editor :embarrassed: