Favorite News Flash Sketches

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Hey guys. I don't know if this has ever been posted before, but what are your favorite Kermit News Flash Segments. Here are some that I remember.

1. Hickory Dickory Dock - A cow, duck and horse try to run up the clock and the horse ends up running through the clock destroying it.
2. Cinderella - Kermit is reporting from the ball and walks up to Prince Charming and Cinderella and Kermit asks Cinderella to describe her outfit. Prince Charming thinks Kermit was talking to him and begins describing his outfit. Cinderella hears the clock strike midnight and runs off. They find the glass slipper she leaves behind and Prince Charming wants the other slipper for himself.
3. Rapunzel - Rapunzel(in a thick New York accent) can't hear Prince Charming asking her to let down her hair. She finally does, all her hair(wig and all) falls down.
4. Snow White - Kermit hides in the Queen's mirror room, and she comes out with a microphone, asks the mirror who's the fairest(and then adds the stuff that applies to her) and the mirror replies "Kermit The Frog". (BTW, who was the guy in the mirror? Anyone know?)
5. Rumplestilskin - Kermit sets up the hotline for people to call in with Rumplestilskin's name. He ends up taking Kermit thinking he is the baby.

There are others, but I can't recall them right now.

ceecee

Reaction score
I remember the one with Humpty Dumpty. He was kinda scary looking.

I also remember "The Princess and the Pea." But I don't recall the details.

Ooh, and "Peter Piper." Where Kermit comes across the rest of the Piper family on their pepper farm.

Klonoa

Reaction score
My favorite Kermit News Flash is the one where the Yup Yup Aliens land their red UFO on Old MacDonald's farm, and MacDonald thinks the UFO is a red frisbee.

My least favorite News Flash is the one with Humpty Dumpty. Kinda freaked me out when I was little.

--Klonoa

Whatever

Reaction score
Peter Piper picks a peck of pickled peppers!

Censored

Reaction score
My favorite one took a break from outright comedy and focused on a touchy subject in a heartwarming way. It's the one about the little bird whose mother and father live in two trees.

Splurge

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
My favorite Kermit News Flash is the one where the Yup Yup Aliens land their red UFO on Old MacDonald's farm, and MacDonald thinks the UFO is a red frisbee.
I thought it was the other way around, that old MacDonald thought the red frisbee was a UFO. Still I agree, that is an awesome skit, one that can be enjoyed on many levels. Priceless references like Kermit interviewing an AM pig and then stopping to say, "You remind me of someone. I just can't figure out who." Then when the Martians arrive they ask if Kermit is.. "E.T.?"

I've loved it over time for another reason is because of Richard Hunt's thick Scottish depiction of Old MacDonald. Also, I don't know if this was an adlib on Henson and Hunt's part, but one of the farm animals is the Gladys cow puppet. Since Hunt can't be Gladys in this scene, Hunt address the cow, "Go on, Bessy." Henson remarks, "That's Bessy, huh?" I know, much ado about little, but for what it's worth, that was a fun moment for me.

Also liked for the first time seeing their spaceship and more than two aliens at a time. I think CTW knew they were on to a winner skit because they repeated this skit a lot. As this post indicates. :smile:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
SS News Flash favs.

Hiya.I found some info. on SS News Flash,in the Tough Pigs site.Here are some of the skits,see if these ring any bells.

-Tortoise vs. Hare(also had a rematch one)
-Cow Jumped Over Moon
-Alladin's Lamp(tiny little genie)
-3 Little Pigs(one of my favs. though the wolf scared me,also had the day after)
-Rumpelstiltskin
-Princess and the Pea(Kermit counting the matresses)
-Piper's Peppers
-Beautiful Princess(describing a suitor,really describing Kermit,she kisses him and she turns into a frog)
-Poor Little Shoemaker
-Thumbelina(Mumford makes Kermit small at the end of the sketch)
-Wonderland
-Mary's Little Lamb
-Little Red Riding Hood
-Cinderella(in 3 parts)

The Tough Pigs site forgot(some of my favs.):
-Rapunzel(GET ME OUTTA HERE! lol)
-Pinnochio(Pin.'s nose would grow,Kermit's coat got caught on it)
-Snow White
-Humpty Dumpty(yup it was a little dark to me too)

BTW,wasn't Little Miss Muffet a News Flash skit also,one of my favorites. :eek:

Splurge

Reaction score
The earliest of the Three Little Pigs sketch is among my favorites too. I don't know if this was the first one, but I'm referring to the sketch with one pig (Frank) in shot, and the wolf who blew away everything except the straw house.

I guess everyone who's seen that sketch knows by now that the blue wolf was the Herry Monster Muppet with wolf ears, snout and teeth attached. A fun Herry giveaway is the eyes and moving eyebrows on that wolf.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Yeah I remember the bird one that GeeBee was talking about. "They may not live together, but they still love me."

I also remember the Pinochio one where his nose pushes Kermit out of the scene. For some reason I remember one of the lies he told to make his nose grow: "I drank 100 glasses of milk and put the sun in my pocket." I don't know WHY I remember that.

--Klonoa

sixdollarman

Reaction score
Including some of the ones that were mentioned, some of my favorites:

The Pied Piper where that jazzy guy with the shades played his flute but the rats didn't care for it. They liked Kermit's whistling instead.

The Six Dollar Man that destroyed the entire laboratory. "Well what do you expect for six dollars?!"

The two Sleeping Beauty skits. Prince Charming kisses her and falls asleep too. And the other one where he kisses her and she turn into a princess frog and Kermit takes her out on a date.