Elmo on Hollywood Squares April 12-16

P

Philo and Gunge

Elmo is on Hollywood Squares this week! At least in my area.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yep. I've noticed that too. I didn't know until just now. In fact my local station was going to televise a ball game, but that got postponed because of the weather. I guess now I'm glad that happened. Lol.

By the way, does anyone happen to know if this is a new episode or if this week is just repeats? :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can only see this Wedsday and Friday due to my late class scheduals.

You know, a lot of SS fans hate Elmo, but I gotta admit, I'm really startin' to like the guy. I do not like kids, ironically, but he's a great role model for the youngest of the young (ecept for talking in the third person).

That said, I feel Elmo outside of Sesame Street is ALWAYS great to see. Kevin is not bound by scripts nor the whole scene of Sesame Street, so he always does great improvising and experiments with the character, making him much more adorable outside of SS than inside. I feel the same about Bear.... with all Muppets, Improvised bits are better than their regular ones.

P

Philo and Gunge

Daffyfan2003 said:
By the way, does anyone happen to know if this is a new episode or if this week is just repeats? :confused:
It's new, they mechoned the 35th anniversery. I only taped the Elmo parts.

Wow, first Elmo this week. Now we got Rod next week.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I've noticed that too. They said that the 35th season of SS already started, so it couldn't have been a rerun. I think what confused me was that I thought Martin Mull was regularly the center square, so I thought since Alec Baldwin was in the center it might have been a repeat, but apparently it isn't.

That said, I feel Elmo outside of Sesame Street is ALWAYS great to see. Kevin is not bound by scripts nor the whole scene of Sesame Street, so he always does great improvising and experiments with the character, making him much more adorable outside of SS than inside. I feel the same about Bear.... with all Muppets, Improvised bits are better than their regular ones.
Lol. I agree. Those are really good. I especially liked at the end of yesterday's show when Elmo was with that tough guy, then he said....

"This is what happens when you give Elmo juice." That was funny. I wish I would have seen the one where Whoopi 'taught him a four-letter word.'

P

Philo and Gunge

I feel bad for Elmo today, he was only asked one question. :cry: The Muppets on that show are treated like ****. But at least he was the secret square.

Tera

Reaction score
"You know, a lot of SS fans hate Elmo, but I gotta admit, I'm really startin' to like the guy"

I agree. I didn't like Elmo at first - he came to SS way after my time, so I always saw him as an annoying upstart. I also dislike how much screen time they give him; I want SS to be an ensemble show, not an Elmo-fest.

That said, I really started liking him after Muppetfest. Kevin was amazing in person! I do like him now, tho' not as much as the Classic characters. It's a good thing I do like him, since my daughter is 2 and calls all Muppets 'Elmo'. :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Philo and Gunge said:
I feel bad for Elmo today, he was only asked one question. :cry: The Muppets on that show are treated like ****. But at least he was the secret square.
Yeah. I liked the look on his face when he heard the secret square alarm: "You gotta tell Elmo when you do that."

I also liked at the end of today's show when he said to Daisy Fuentas "Let's go and have a baby."

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
So what happened with Elmo on tonights show? I didn't see it because...

A. I was out last night
B. Even if I had been there it would have been pre-empted where I live because of a ball game

Well, enough about my personal life. Lol.

P

Philo and Gunge

Daffyfan2003 said:
So what happened with Elmo on tonights show? I didn't see it because...

A. I was out last night
B. Even if I had been there it would have been pre-empted where I live because of a ball game

Well, enough about my personal life. Lol.
My station showed an auto show. :mad: