Natalie Portman taking over Hooper's Store

Cheebo

Reaction score
We know from episode summeries that Alan goes on vacation and someone named Natalie takes over. I just checked PBS Kids website today and it said it will be Natalie PORTMAN. Crazy stuff.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
was that the woman who was with elmo pretending to be an elephant? if so what else is she known for?

Whatever

Reaction score
LOL, she plays Queen Amidaeia (sp?) in the new Star Wars prequels! :excited: :big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
And yes, I believe I saw a picture of her on SS dressed up as an elephant! :smile: I'm not an Star Wars fan, but I like what I've seen of Natalie Portman. She's from Israel, BTW.

Cheebo

Reaction score
She was only queen in one of them. :wink: She plays a Senator in the other 2 and married Anakin and is the mother of Luke and Leia.

zanimum

Reaction score
You're right.

"Natalie Portman fills in for a vacationing Alan, but Baby Bear and Big Bird have a hard time adjusting to the change."

I thought you were joking. Either that, or it was some new human on the series, but it is her. Why would they not mention her in the Sesame Workshop press release (http://www.sesameworkshop.org/aboutus/inside_press.php?contentId=11087265), or the PBS release (http://onlinepressroom.net/pbs/ or http://vocuspr.vocus.com/VocusPR30/...g+Series;June;July;August&NextSeasonYear=2004)?

zanimum

Reaction score
Alan is planning a vacation and he is excited to go away. Big Bird is very upset and can't believe Alan won't be at Hooper's Store. Nothing will ever be the same again! Alan has advertised that he will be looking for someone to fill in for him when he is gone. Natalie stops by for a glass of juice and ends up making an omelet and singing about it. Alan hires Natalie on the spot, and goes off to pack for his trip. Baby Bear and Big Bird have a very hard time adjusting to Natalie replacing Alan, and are anxious about the change. However, they get to know Natalie and she teaches them how some changes can be good changes. They realize that a change doesn't have to be bad. Natalie makes a birdseed milkshake just as Big Bird likes it, with birdseed!

The episode's theme is coping with emotions, and global awareness. The show will be brought to you by the letter D and the number 7. Along with Big Bird, Baby Bear, Natalie, and Alan, there is an "AM Elephant" (likely Elephante, or whatever his name is currently, and (rub-a-dub-dub) three men in a tub, a butcher, a baker, and a candlestick maker.

The show will air April 8, May 14, June 21, July 27, September 1, and October 7

Note that this is the exact text used on the PBS site-- it spells advertised the British/Canadian/Australian way, not the American way, advertized.

zanimum

Reaction score
Today is the episode's first airing. Anyone catch it?

Animal Jam

Reaction score
I caught it.I didn't really like it.there was no storyline to it. :attitude:

Cheebo

Reaction score
zanimum said:
Alan is planning a vacation and he is excited to go away. Big Bird is very upset and can't believe Alan won't be at Hooper's Store. Nothing will ever be the same again! Alan has advertised that he will be looking for someone to fill in for him when he is gone. Natalie stops by for a glass of juice and ends up making an omelet and singing about it. Alan hires Natalie on the spot, and goes off to pack for his trip. Baby Bear and Big Bird have a very hard time adjusting to Natalie replacing Alan, and are anxious about the change. However, they get to know Natalie and she teaches them how some changes can be good changes. They realize that a change doesn't have to be bad. Natalie makes a birdseed milkshake just as Big Bird likes it, with birdseed!

The episode's theme is coping with emotions, and global awareness. The show will be brought to you by the letter D and the number 7. Along with Big Bird, Baby Bear, Natalie, and Alan, there is an "AM Elephant" (likely Elephante, or whatever his name is currently, and (rub-a-dub-dub) three men in a tub, a butcher, a baker, and a candlestick maker.

The show will air April 8, May 14, June 21, July 27, September 1, and October 7

Note that this is the exact text used on the PBS site-- it spells advertised the British/Canadian/Australian way, not the American way, advertized.
Wow do you have a direct link to that? I want to see more indepth stuff on the other episodes too.