Muppets to star on "The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour"

AnimalD

Reaction score
Courtesy of E! Online (www.eonline.com) (First Look - 3/22/04):

"Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey getting an ABC TV special April 11 called The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour. Guests will include Jewel, Babyface, Kenny Rogers, Baseball Hall of Famer Johnny Bench, Mr. T, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy."

dmx10101

Reaction score
Yay for some good and interesting guests.

Extended story-

Lachey, Simpson to Appear in Variety Show
(AP, 03/22/2004 10:16 AM)

Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson are getting a full hour of wackiness and song. They'll star in a one-shot television special on ABC called "The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour."

It will feature a series of sketches and musical performances featuring the 'Newlyweds' stars.

Guests include Jewel, Babyface, Kenny Rogers , Baseball Hall of Famer Johnny Bench, Mr. T, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.

Lachey and Babyface will do a duet of the Stevie Wonder song "For Once In My Life," and Simpson and Jewel will sing "Who Will Save Your Soul." "The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour" will air on April 11.

Klonoa

Reaction score
That's cool that the Muppets are on it but I don't know if I'd be able to sit through the rest of it.

--Klonoa

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! Jim Hill had reported talk of this last week, but now it seems ABC has set air dates. BTW, ABC is hitting the ground running with the Muppets - first this special, then the "Muppet Oz" movie and finally - if the ratings for those are good - an all new Muppet show in Feb.

Yaaaay!!! :smile:

Beebers

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
That's cool that the Muppets are on it but I don't know if I'd be able to sit through the rest of it.

--Klonoa
Ditto.

PePe's Lost Luv

Reaction score
All for the muppet show to reair!!! They have my vote of yes on it (if it would ever matter)

Happy to see them on tv again but wish it was with someone else actually, sorry to say just not their fan.. (N & J) Good luck with the show anywho...

Drtooth

Reaction score
A little dissappointed it's just Piggy and Kermit. I hate the idea of this special, but if the Muppets AND Mr.T will be on it, I'll watch!!! :big_grin:

foofoocakes

Reaction score
Its a pity that The muppets will have to dumd down their comedy so Jessica and Nick will be able to understand it. :smile:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Man, I thought the "Variety Hour" format died out with the 8-track. :big_grin: