Three Sesame Street DVD's Coming In June 8th

Dantecat

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,Great News! :smile:

Three Sesame Street DVD's are coming in on June 8th.Which will be:
Learning About Letters(1986)
Learning About Numbers(1986)

and Elmo's World-Families,Mail,and Bath Time(2004)

:cool:

What do you think about this? :excited:

ssetta

Reaction score
The Letters and Numbers ones, weren't those already released? In fact, I think those were the first 2 Sesame Street Home Videos that ever existed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does anyone have a track listing for Numbers and letters?

You gotta love their money making ploys... they could easily have numbers and letters as an umbrella title, one DVD... but they split it up into two!

Dantecat

Reaction score
Go To www.fye.com and you'll certainly know.
1.When you're at the website,Click on Movies/DVD's

2.Click Children

3.Type in Sesame Street

4.Click GO and you'll know that they will be released on June 8th. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Letters and Numbers were already released on VHS tape and I have them both.
In Numbers, Big Bird and the Count are hosting a sort of countdown talk show, and we get certain clips and sketches.
Don't remember what was used for 1.
2 Dollhouse.
3 Probably the Amazing 3 Dance or the 3 Carnival Contraptions where the ball lands inside a crankshaft box.
4 Might've been 4 Big Lions.
5 Ernie tries to answer the Count's phone, and ends up with Big Bird on the other line.
6 Soccer Socks.
7, again unsure of what was used here, but I know there's the segment where the Count's an elevator operator at the news station where Kermit works. The Count takes the elevator and Kermit's forced to hop up the stairs in his trenchcoat.
8 The King of 8.
9 Martian Beauty.
10, not sure of this one either.
The video ends with the Count coming back to count the Honker honk up to 20.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sounds good! I may be ablidged to actually pick this one up...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, those videos were filled with plausible stories and clips/segments/songs. They were part of a line of videos that were all numbered up to a total of eighteen I think as part of a sort of video-styled SS library.
Got #1 Letters, #2 Numbers, #6 Bedtime Songs and Stories, #9 Sesame Street Sings, #11 The Alphabet Game, and #12 The Counts Counts Music Videos.
If you need any help with these, LMK and I'll fill you in.

ssetta

Reaction score
You mean they actually numbered those videos? Wow, I never knew that! Where can the numbers be seen?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course those videos were numbered, I remember from when I had better sight. You know that the VHS cassette box has the front face with the video's title and a SS image, right? Well, on the sides of the case there's a small white box with the number of the video in the same color as the overall video box. For example: Learning About Letters was an overall blue box, so the number 1 on the side that determined it as Volume 1 was in blue. These also had some great SS Muppet images, like Cookie Monster with an A and B and C cookie on a tray in front of him.
If memory serves me correctly, they also came with a small activities booklet inspired by the video itself. It's possible that those might have all the videos as part of the release library in numbered order.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

salemfan

Reaction score
7, again unsure of what was used here, but I know there's the segment where the Count's an elevator operator at the news station where Kermit works. The Count takes the elevator and Kermit's forced to hop up the stairs in his trenchcoat.
8 The King of 8.
9 Martian Beauty.
10, not sure of this one either.
The video ends with the Count coming back to count the Honker honk up to 20.
For 7, I think the video talks about 7 flowers. For 10, they have Grover with John-John who counts backwards from 10 to 1.