Talking Muppet Greeting Cards In The UK

Luke

Reaction score
Been meaning to post this for a week or two. Clinton Cards in the UK are now selling officially licensed Muppet Birthday cards. There are three - Kermit, Piggy and Animal. Each one has a glossy cartoon style picture on the front. When you open the card it says (if i can remember right):-

Kermit :- His card says Hi, Ho, It's Your Birthday, Yeeaaaaaah
Miss Piggy :- Her card says something like It's your birthday can vous come to your party.
Animal :- His card says something like - "Birthday, Food, Party, Argggggh"

The quality is very good and all the voices are apparently the real Muppeteers. I know Warrick said he heard Piggy and said it was Eric. The Animal voice is very good as well.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Wow those sound nice! Does anybody in the US sell them?? I would really like those.

Camellia

Reaction score
...The quality is very good and all the voices are apparently the real Muppeteers. I know Warrick said he heard Piggy and said it was Eric. The Animal voice is very good as well.
.. just trying to catch up here. I heard Frank Oz was NOT always doing Miss Piggy. Who is Eric and what is the current status of who is doing :smile: Piggy's :mad: and Animal's voices? :halo:
thanks!

Luke

Reaction score
Eric Jacobson is Piggy's current performer now but he "stewards" the character for Frank Oz. Kermit is performed by Steve Whitmire and Animal doesn't have an assigned performer but i think its usually Eric Jacobson now.

I don't think the cards are available in the US. It is actually getting pretty hard to find them now even over here, Piggy seems least popular.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Oooh! I might need to take an emergency flight to the UK! These sound awesome!!

:big_grin:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you all know that there was also a Miss Piggy Valentine Card made in this series by Danilo. The front has a picture of Piggy I dont think I have seen before :mad: wearing feather boa looking down with a sexy look in her eyes holding sunglasses. It reads ''Will vous be.........Moi Valentine?
The recorded message says ''I wanted to wish vous, one of my biggest fans, A Happy Valentine, Give moi a Kissy Kissy!!''.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Luke said:
Kermit :- His card says Hi, Ho, It's Your Birthday, Yeeaaaaaah
Miss Piggy :- Her card says something like It's your birthday can vous come to your party.
Animal :- His card says something like - "Birthday, Food, Party, Argggggh"

The quality is very good and all the voices are apparently the real Muppeteers. I know Warrick said he heard Piggy and said it was Eric. The Animal voice is very good as well.

I've seen them but rather exspensive (price £4.99 - I think) :frown: , which picture is Kermit ? as I've not seen that one

Luke

Reaction score
I can't remember, i think it was just a Kermit face against a yellow background. Last time i went about a week ago to a big Clintons they did have one each of all three cards. Various people have said to me many of the local ones don't have every character left, hopefully they'll re-stock. I'm going Saturday so i'll see what i can pick up but i didn't realise they were that expensive.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
The only one I have is Kermit. And im not buying the rest.
I can not see how a card can cost Five Pound. Maybe Im a cheapskate?

Kermit is the best lookin one, Its the Kermit with his hand to his lip. blue stripey background like the Palisades packaging. And the message is quite long.
"Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here at The Muppet Show wishing you a very happy Birthady... Yaay!"

:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They have Simpsons ones in the US... I cannot recall how much they cost, but it must be up there.

Does anyone know hom many dollars to pounds? I just want to do a comparison...