Happy Birthday: Muppet Central's 6th Anniversary

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It really is amazing that it has been six years since Muppet Central first debuted on January 28, 1998.

Little could we have imagined all the fun and Henson changes that would take place over the years. What were you doing six years ago in early 1998? Most of our lives have changed dramatically since then, but Muppet Central is still continuing to provide news, fan interaction, collectibles and music.

Earlier this month we crossed over 1.5 million hits on our home page. We have over 10,000 members on our mailing list since 1998 and we're nearing 4,000 members in our forum since April 2002.

I want to thank each of the staff members for their great work and support throughout the year. Jamie with his wonderful graphics and Flash menus, Annika with her writing and editing skills, Cindy for her help with feedback and collectibles, and D. W. for the episode guides and reviews. These guys do so many other things behind-the-scenes that I can't thank them enough for their partnership and generosity.

Throughout the years, many of you have also submited articles, reviews and news stories. Our hat goes off to you as well. The more people who help with the site, the better it is. Thanks for all of your many contributions. We hope that even more of you help out in 2004.

I'd like for each of you to answer the following questions. It's kind of a walk down memory lane with an emphasis on what you would like to see us do in 2004. Take a few minutes to carefully respond and let us know what you think.

1. What is your first Muppet Central memory?

2. What is your favorite part of Muppet Central?

3. What would you like to see us do in 2004?

Happy birthday everyone!

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
First item of business:

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I mean- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

One the whole website, checking out the greeting cards, on the forum, posting in the ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHH!! thread

This forum, more specifically, Fun and Games, even more specifically, Ze Board of Random Randomness, oh, and the articles

Keep on puttin' up reviews! And perhaps... animated emoticons? *shrug*

Erine81981

Reaction score
HAPPY ANNI-aVeRS-ARie! I guess that's how it comes out if you were to try and spell it out by yourself.

Mine would have to be meeting my compuer friends: Aaron (who does love Rowlf), Count (Ed), Beau, Fozzie Bear (Kev), Don'tliveonMoon (Erin), Super Scooter, Skeeter and so many others.

All the neat articles, menus and the fun and games forum. (oh and ruining most games by interupting them, sorry guys)

I guess eveything that's been going on ever since I've joined. Thats how I like it. Oh yeah, more animated menus!

*YELLS LOUD* MUPPET CENTRAL ROCKS!!! :halo:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Wow, it seems like just yesterday we were doing that 'spot the five animated Muppet in the cake icons' contest.

This was the first forum I ever joined.

This will take some thinking.

The same things you've been doing but better, if possible.

Beebers

Reaction score
I'm way too new to have a Specific MC Great Memory. Actually, my memory is Not Great. Too many head injuries.

:big_grin:

Just kidding, somewhat.

Although, I do have one, come to think of it. The day I did NOT get X in the Alphabet Game. That was a great day.

Favorite parts of MC: The humor. I laugh out loud at the posts all the time. Not many places in the world you can go and do that. The safe haven MC seems to provide for many. Keeping Jim Henson's work, memory and intentions alive. Those three things. Oh, and the smilies, a fine way to communicate indeed.

Things to do in 2004: I'll leave that to those finer minds with brains less scrambled than mine. You'll all know what to do.

:cool: :big_grin: :cool:

Now, see that? I just went back and looked, and you asked for first memory, not great. This is why OTHER MINDS MUST PREVAIL.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score

Chattin' in the chat room every night I could with these awesome Muppet pals from all over! :big_grin: Muh first MC buddies were Cindy, Phil, Quinn, Ken, DW...*sigh* Ahhh, those good ol' early days... :flirt:

The forum is really great, but I also love the ARTICLES section---it's so nice to be able to submit writings, thoughts, 'n works...and though I don't visit Collectibles or Guides that often, I do appreciate them a LOT when I need 'em or when I just wanna drop in 'n look around! :smile:

Maybe add some sort of "Muppet Profiles"/"Muppet Characters" section---li'l bios on each of the characters? The Muppet characters themselves are so rich, entertaining, and engaging, that havin' more things about the actual characters themselves in such a way as bios, profiles, etc. would be a great addition, IMO.

I'd also love to see a "poll" section!

Thanks Phil 'n staff fer a great Muppet community! :zany:

dmx10101

Reaction score

Coming here for the first time last month.

The message board, because everyone is so nice and they can help you out.

Have even more Muppet articles, info., etc.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Muppet Central!

I love that animated banner! I'm so glad to see that one of my faves, Roosevelt Franklin, is on it!

Muppet Central is my all-time favorite website and has been when I first discovered it back in early 1998. I've even made it my home page!!!

Let's see, (Sesame Street "remembering chimes")...my first post I introduced myself and announced that I had "The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence" for trade. That was back in February (I think) of 1998.

Wow...everything. This site has it all! Reviews, the Message Board, the News...hmmm....if I had to pick something, I think it would have to be finding out that there were others besides me who were Muppet fans. For years, I thought I was the only one in the world who admired Jim Henson. Now, I've found other Muppet fans! I'll never forget how wonderful it was the first time I visited the Message Board! I felt like Traveling Matt as a kid when he first discovered the Gorg's Garden: "Another world! I've found ANOTHER WORLD!!!"

Just keep up the great work! This site is a dream come true for many a Muppet fan!

:boo: In 1998, it was a very good year...
:sleep: Yes, it was a very good year for fans of Jim, who got to meet...
:boo: This site is a treat! Muppet Central's first rate!
:boo::sleep: Since 1998!

Convincing John

Bean Bunny

Reaction score

When Ken Lilly joined the forms.

The message board and different guides.

Something for Muppet Babies.

Aaron

Reaction score

When I had a fight with erine81981 (Kyle).

The forum... I love the role plays.

Enable private messaging.