Fraggle Rock Region 2 DVD to be released in April

Whataday

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you know that the long awaited Fraggle Rock Region 2 DVD is planned for release on Monday 26 April 2004.

Luke

Reaction score
Any more news on the disc contents yet guys ?

From what I can work out Columbia hasn't applied to the BBFC for any new content ratings/certifications or anything (and they would have needed to by now) so that means they must be planning to put out some of the episodes they already released and had cleared for their video label in 1985/1986 exactly like they did with the 'Very Best Of The Muppet Show' compilations. Going on that assumption, it should be original UK episodes with Fulton McKay as the lighthouse keeper and they can choose from the episodes on this list :-

MOKEY'S FUNERAL
CAPTURE THE MOON
BOOBER'S QUIET DAY
JUNIOR SELLS THE FARM
A CAVE OF ONE'S OWN
INVASION OF THE TOE TICKLERS
MAROONED
THE MINSTRELS
THE GREAT RADISH FAMINE
WEMBLEY AND THE GREAT EGG RACE
FRAGGLE WARS
GOBO'S DISCOVERY
THE DOOZER CONTEST
THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED
DOOZER IS AS DOOZER DOES
THE DOOMSDAY SOUP
WEMBLEY'S EGG
THE BEAST OF BLUE ROCK
RED'S CLUB

- or they also have the certification for the :- FRAGGLE ROCK SONGBOOK which at 53 minutes could be released on DVD or even be the extra feature if there is gonna be one like OM&M.

King Prawn

Reaction score
no way this is very exciting... again. I just hope this time it's real though. :smirk: :excited:

beaker

Reaction score
So region 2=UK version? As wasnt a region 2 already released, but in SECAM(not PA) which is zeee freench version. Man, I hope there is a NTSC region 1 release this year...even in the release style of the muppet baby plushes!

anathema

Reaction score
beaker said:
So region 2=UK version? As wasnt a region 2 already released, but in SECAM(not PA) which is zeee freench version. Man, I hope there is a NTSC region 1 release this year...even in the release style of the muppet baby plushes!
Region 2 is Europe and Japan. All European releases are PAL, the French ones included; Japanese ones are NTSC (I'm simplifiying here).

Animal

Reaction score
Thanks for that GREAT news!!!! :halo:

I really hope that the episodes will be the US versions with Gerry Parks as Doc. But of course I´ll buy them anyway, but I prefer the US ones.

-Hans :halo: :halo: :halo:

Whataday

Reaction score
Luke said:
From what I can work out Columbia hasn't applied to the BBFC for any new content ratings/certifications or anything (and they would have needed to by now)

They wouldn't have needed to by now. There's plenty of time left for classification.

Luke

Reaction score
Whataday said:
They wouldn't have needed to by now. There's plenty of time left for classification.
I doubt it. The disc was originally being worked on by Columbia for a late January/February release - the first thing they would have done in sorting out a Fraggle release was working out what would be on the disc. Then you have artwork to clear with Henson and the discs aren't exactly printed that close to the release dates. I doubt classification was the reason for the delay - if they were going to be releasing anything new I would have expected them to get all the clearances earlier. It's not like them anyway, I think they'll use the same approach as they have with the Muppets.