Palisades Awards JHC

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
From www.palisadestoys.com

PALISADES HONORS BUSINESS PARTNERS
Palisades Toys proudly announces the winners of its first annual “Partnership Awards”

Elkridge, MD (December 11, 2003) – For the first time in its nearly ten-year history, Palisades Toys is implementing a program to honor those business partners who go “above and beyond” the call of duty. Dubbed the “Palisades Partnership Awards,” there are four separate categories into which these partners fall:

Licensor Partner of the Year

The 2003 inaugural winners are:

Licensor Partner of the YearThe Jim Henson Company

“In my ten years in this business, I have never met a more supportive, friendly group of people to work with than the people at the Jim Henson Company,” says Horn.

” When I have to work with [the people at Henson],” says Director of Product Development, Ken Lilly, “I know I am going to get the answers and support that I need. They’re a huge part of the reason that the product looks as good as it does.”

Visit their site for their other winners.

FOZ

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fonzzi said:
“In my ten years in this business, I have never met a more supportive, friendly group of people to work with than the people at the Jim Henson Company,” says Horn.
That's weird though. I have tried contacting them with an idea, as a fifteen-year old, and they have been very rude, IMHO. For a friendly company they seem very standoffish, to me. Stranger things have happened, I guess.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
No company will happily accept submissions unless you are hired to do so, and unless you're a member of the Writers Guild of America you normally won't even be considered as a writer.

My fan-based contacts with the company have always been pleasant; but I've never submitted anything to them. I've only submitted twice as a young'un to Disney (then I learned better!), and am preparing to submit Muley to Dreamworks SKG, I think. They dont have a major main character for Dreamworks ala Henson/Kermit, Disney/Mickey, Warner Bros/Bugs.

WiGgY

Reaction score
JHC can't consider submissions from anyone. Otherwise they'd be over run with them. I am not surprised that they won this award from Palisades. Seems like they work extremly well together.

Luke

Reaction score
From what I gathered these awards were a bit of a joke really - they 'awarded' just about all their main partners and biggest spending clients. It's just companies patting each other on the back. One client in particular is well known for very poor customer service yet they still managed to get an award based on the amount of business they put through the company and the fact they had signed on to take the products. IMO an award should be dependant on the companies overall service rather than just sales.

As for JHC, they have their good and not so great moments. It really depends on who you are speaking to and what about. Most of the creative lot and the majority of the family are very much into the fans and care deeply about every aspect of the company/brands. Others (particularly on the corporate side) are good people but also ones who have gone from property to property (Barbie, Bratz etc) and are there to do their specific job rather than being into the whole 'Muppets' experience. Henson are one of the better media companies out there for customer relations, although probably the best is World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) who really go above and beyond the call of duty.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Oh, I thought they were actually awarding based on merit. I should read more.

Luke

Reaction score
I think from the quotes in the article it does come across as merit, but when I mentioned to Ken about 'Gear 4 Games' getting one, despite many Palisades customers having complained about them this year he replied that the bottom line had been the amount they had spent and how quickly they paid.

Thijs

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Who is Horn?

Beauregard said:
That's weird though. I have tried contacting them with an idea, as a fifteen-year old, and they have been very rude, IMHO. For a friendly company they seem very standoffish, to me. Stranger things have happened, I guess.
1 How many times did this happen

2 Did you tell them you were 15?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, I told them I was fifteen, and it happened a lot of times, even from Frank, Cheryl, and Brian...

Thijs

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Yes, I told them I was fifteen, and it happened a lot of times, even from Frank, Cheryl, and Brian...
Can you/post mail your replies? It seems so weird to me that even Frank would be so rude.