Very Merry Muppet Christmas DVD Review

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
D. W. McKim takes an in-depth look at the new Very Merry Muppet Christmas DVD. Find out all the details on the special features and DVD highlights. Also check out the wonderful DVD pics from James Carroll.

[url]http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/vmmc_dvd.shtml[/url]

Here are the reviews from last year's original TV airing of the film...

[url]http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/tv-film/vmmc.shtml[/url]

A Very Merry Muppet Christmas will also reair on the Hallmark Channel Wednesday December 17 and Sunday December 21.

Let us know what you think of our latest review.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Very nice review, DW! Definately planning on adding that DVD to my collection in the future (not that I wasn't planning on it anyway...digressing).

I was surprised when it was mentioned in the review just how the Muppets had come to acquire the theatre from J.P. Grosse. When Scooter told those girls in the movie that his uncle used to own the theatre I had a gut feeling that something along those lines had happened to ol' J.P. Kind of spooky knowing it was right...

-Skeeter

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken, you can clearly see the JP puppet reused somewhere in MTI...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
J.P. Grosse also appears in several crowd scenes in MCC (which I just watched again yesterday).

Since Kermit didn't flatly say that J.P. died, I think we might still see him again at some point in the future. Even if that was what they were thinking, the Muppets have multiple birth/origin stories--so maybe in some version of the Muppet universe, J.P. is still alive! It's unlikely we'll see him again since he wasn't used that much post-TMS anyway. But nothing's impossible. (And J.P.'s supposed death was only mentioned in the deleted scenes anyway.)

Great review, D.W.! I need to check this out sometime soon.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Since JP's death wasn't in the actual movie I think it would ok if they brought him back.

It's a really good DVD. The bloopers are great. I would have preferred at least part of the EM band scene that was cut. Why did they have to do the Em scene with Snoop and leave the band out of the rest of the movie (they were seen, but not really heard).

I feel that some scenes should have been left in too. The Santa scene should have been left in. Was that Jerry Nelson playing Santa? It sounded like him. And did anyone else notice that Sal was in drag in the back ground during some clips of Kermit in the Kermitless world? I wonder why they dressed him like that and why it was cut. Then again, maybe I don't wanna know.