Gartanius (Christopher Boone) = Bad Trader

Justin Faulknor

Reaction score
I would have posted this sooner in case anyone else got hit, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I made a deal with gartanius in response to a post he made in the buy/sell/trade for 2 SS Unpaved VCDs. I made the mistake of sending my discs first. After having to email him a few times to see if he got them he emailed to say he received the discs I sent at the end of August and that mine should be arriving very shortly. The last email I received from him (after not answering at least 4 or 5 of mine in the meantime) was Oct 27 to say he sent them out a while ago, but would send them out to me again. I sent my mailing address again to insure he had the correct address and asked him to email me when he sent them so I would know when to expect them. No email, no VCDs and now his email address (ctzhboone@msn.com) is dead.

If anyone has a copy of these discs or other Unpaved VCDs they'd like to trade let me know, but as a rule now I will not send anything out until I have received my share first. I have a very good reputation over at the Palisades Muppet forum and lots of positive feedback in their Buy/Sell/Trade section.

Mark The Shark

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I don't do much video trading any more. There are a lot of people who'll scam you like what you're describing above...and then there are folks who will do an even trade, but they don't tell you up front what the quality of their stuff is, and it can be really bad or practically unwatchable...I've been in situations like sending someone copies of first generation SP VHS and getting back the same amount of time, but having it duped in EP and made from third or fourth generation dubs with tracking problems and so forth that are just hopeless...and if something is really rare, I think people don't mind if their copy isn't perfect...but it's always best to be honest up front about stuff like that.

I have all 67 Unpaved shows and all 65 Noggin Electric Companies. Mine all look great...I can even burn them to DVD-R if you like...just cover my costs. I get a little wary of trading, though...most stuff I want, I have. But I'm interested to know what's out there.

Good luck!

Justin Faulknor

Reaction score
Hey Mark, thanks for the reply. Could you email me at jfaulknor@cogeco.ca? I'd like to talk to you about those Unpaved eps. And yeah, I've got lots of stuff to trade and know what you mean about varying quality...

prickle747

Reaction score
someone else has had the same problem i see
check out my 2 posts regarding him.

chris boone where did you go and bad trades.

same post just wanted to get ample viewing.

prickle747

Reaction score
Justin Faulknor said:
I would have posted this sooner in case anyone else got hit, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I made a deal with gartanius in response to a post he made in the buy/sell/trade for 2 SS Unpaved VCDs. I made the mistake of sending my discs first. After having to email him a few times to see if he got them he emailed to say he received the discs I sent at the end of August and that mine should be arriving very shortly. The last email I received from him (after not answering at least 4 or 5 of mine in the meantime) was Oct 27 to say he sent them out a while ago, but would send them out to me again. I sent my mailing address again to insure he had the correct address and asked him to email me when he sent them so I would know when to expect them. No email, no VCDs and now his email address (ctzhboone@msn.com) is dead.

If anyone has a copy of these discs or other Unpaved VCDs they'd like to trade let me know, but as a rule now I will not send anything out until I have received my share first. I have a very good reputation over at the Palisades Muppet forum and lots of positive feedback in their Buy/Sell/Trade section.

here is the original thread............
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=8759

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've had a few folks be good enough to tape stuff off for me or copy things off for me either for free or for money. I DID forget on my last deal to send money, but after I thought about it after seeing my pal online I IMed and asked if I ever sent it, he said no, so I sent it.

The thing is that bad traders cause a problem of trust for everyone else involved in trading. But, if ever I forget something I always pop it right in the mail when reminded.

I suggest that folks just keep trading and hopefully jerks like that won't last online much longer at all.

jediX

Reaction score
I make it a point to get to know the person BEFORE the trade thru IM. Email is so impersonal.

His deal did look rather deceiving, seeing how you had to email him to get any info or pics (plus how he NEVER posted before OR after that thread).

muppetenvy

Reaction score
Mark The Shark said:
I have all 67 Unpaved shows and all 65 Noggin Electric Companies. Mine all look great...I can even burn them to DVD-R if you like...just cover my costs. I get a little wary of trading, though...most stuff I want, I have. But I'm interested to know what's out there.

Good luck!
Mark! I would love to work out something with you in getting the Unpaved episodes for my daughter for Christmas. I have been posting in the wanted section looking for them. Please email me if you could do it Please please pretty please! wats27@msn.com Wanda :sympathy:

Thijs

Reaction score
It's just that you don't expect that Muppet fans do such things.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Muppet fans shouldn't do such things. Goes totally against what being a Muppet Fan means.

Disney fans on the other hand...
:smile: