Lefty reads the Alphabet Message

Dantecat

Reaction score
Does anybody remember this sketch where Lefty reads the Alphabet Message by his Boss?How does it go?I might have seen it once. :confused:

ssetta

Reaction score
Here's what I remember:

Boss: Hey, Lefty, come here.
Lefty: Yeah, boss?
Boss: I'm only going to give you this once, and I shouldn't have to say it again.
Lefty: Okay, I'm listening.
Boss: A, B, C
D, E, F
G, H, I, J
K, L, M, N
O, P, Q, R
S, T, U, V
W
X
Y
Z.
You got that?
Lefty: Yeah, I think so.
Boss: O.K., give it back to me.
Lefty: G-g-g-give it back to you?
Boss: (grabs him) That's what I said!
Lefty: O.K., here goes.
Boss: Let's hear it.
Lefty: A, B, C, D
E, F, G, H
I, J, K
L, M...
Boss: M, what?
Lefty: N, yes.
Boss: And don't you forget it!
Lefty: Right. N, O, P
Q, R, S, T
U, V, W
X
Y
Z.
Boss: That's very good, Lefty. You know your alphabet. Here, I have this here lollipop.
Lefty: Is it strawberry or pineapple?
Boss: Oh, this is even better than that.
Lefty: What's that?
(they walk offstage)

It's been a while since I've seen this bit, but that's close to how it went.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Thanks Ssetta.But who performed Lefty's Boss?Do you have this sketch?If anybody does,I would like to see it please!And I have to ask you guys two more things,I did see this sketch but I don't remember too much about it and Was Lefty and His Boss saying The Alphabet at Night?What did he look like?If anybody know's,please tell me right away after reading this! O.K.? All right Thanks? :halo:

ssetta

Reaction score
I think Lefty was performed by Frank Oz, and his boss was Jerry Nelson. You know, I think it might have been at night, now that you mentioned it.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Thanks!But does anybody have this skectch so I could please see it?What color was his boss,Is he purple?

Dantecat

Reaction score
Oh yeah and one more thing,What year that sketch?

Censored

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Thanks!But does anybody have this skectch so I could please see it?What color was his boss,Is he purple?

Lefty's boss was the "Fat Blue" model of muppet. I believe the skit was around the early 70's. There were at least two other similar skits with Lefty and his boss. One involved the "Golden AN" in which Lefty got arrested for stealing. The other was about some, more, and most carrots with a live rabbit.

Dantecat

Reaction score
How did these two clips go?

Golden "AN" and Some,More,and Most Carrots with a Live Rabbit? :sympathy:

Censored

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
How did these two clips go?

Golden "AN" and Some,More,and Most Carrots with a Live Rabbit? :sympathy:

The skit about the "Golden An" had to do with Lefty's boss giving him instruction in rhyme. I don't remember the words exactly, but it had something to do with giving the "Golden AN" to "Dan" in the "van" or something like that. It took Lefty forever to remember the "plan" and by the time he does, a policeman catches up with him. The policeman says, "I'm Stan. I'm the man. You just got 10 days in the can for stealing the Golden AN." Lefty said, "I should have ran". I found it funny how the penalty for stealing gold was only 10 days in jail.

Then there is the one where Lefty's boss tells him to bring him carrots. Lefty brings some, but it's not enough for his boss. He then brings more, but that's not enough. He then brings the most he can find. His boss then reveals to Lefty why he wanted the carrots. He shows him a live rabbit and they both comment on how cute he is, giving us a rare glimpse of their softer sides.