Your Feedback: Season 2 Muppet Show Guides

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our Muppet Show season two guides are on-line. Featuring detailed descriptions on every episode, including all the skits, songs and UK sketches, these guides should be a handy resource. Featuring over 200 photos from the 24 episodes, relive the second season of The Muppet Show step-by-step.

Special thanks goes out to our team who have given many hours of their time to this project. The guides and episode notes have been written by D. W. McKim. James Carroll and Alex Taylor have assembled our wonderful library of season 2 images. Later this year, we will also be adding more images to season 1.

Let us know what you think of the new season 2 guides!

http://www.muppetcentral.com/guides/episodes/tms/season2/index.shtml

Whatever

Reaction score
It looks great! I've only seen a handful of episodes, so i love reading about them! :flirt: :halo: :smile:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Beautiful! Just beautiful! The amount of detail you guys cover still amazes me. BTW, how are you getting full length UK copies of the show if most of them were never released? (probably a dumb question, I guess someone in the UK taped them, huh?) The quality of the pics is stunning. Being as I've been storing my episodes on VCD (which is only about VHS quality) I was taken aback by the clarity of the screen shots.

Bravo!

I'll be referring back to the guide periodically for reference.
Thanks!

eric

Erine81981

Reaction score
The first time I saw the first season w/ every little detail I printed every little thing that ya'll made on the first season guide. I'm going to try to do this one so I can have both guides and then use them when I need them. Ya'll do the most wonderful job on these things ya'll write when you get a story on some Muppet event. I can't wait for season 3 to come. Hope I'll be around a computer when that one comes. Thanks for a wonderful job. :smile:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Woo-hoo! What a surprise! I was starting to worry we might never see an update. Fabulous job, D.W. and Phil! Very thorough. I like how there's an explanation of all the changes in the theme song. That'll especially be interesting in coming seasons, because of all the little "tweaks" they did. (I wonder how many times Zoot gains and loses his hat again during the credits?)

Anyway, I've just read a couple of synopses so far, but I look forward to reading many more!

Squigiman

Reaction score
Wow! Nice job! These things are really well layed-out. Only thing is I only feel like I should read the ones I've seen, just to see any extra insight, and I honestly haven't seen nearly enough for the hardcore Muppet fan. Just through the discovery of Kazaa, have seen Steve Martin, John Denver, Carol Burnett, and Diana Ross, with Linda Ronstadt just finished. Before anyone criticizes me about copyright and such, I'd buy all 15 DVDs, if I wasn't an all-too-broke, out-of-work college student. Still hope to get 'em all, and hope more to be released/to see all 120 episodes via trades and stuff. Anyways, I really like the guides, and have been waiting for this for a while. Can't wait to see 3 and beyond. Keep up the great work, guys. Take care.

-Squigiman

dwmckim

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone - i'm glad it seems to have been worth the wait. The other seasons shouldn't be as long coming. For those that don't know, a lot of things in my life went to pieces around the time the first part was being done...i was kicked out of my family's house and fired from a long-time job at roughly the same time for being gay and in the time since it's been a real struggle finding a decent full-time job with the market at such a low...been bouncing between part-timers and such, plus struggling with bouts of depression etc in the interim. Things are looking up lately though and the rest should come in shorter intervals.

I initially wanted to try to squeeze this part out while it was still "the 25th anniversary of season two" - but then improvements kept being made with all the screen captures and all - but my philosophy throughout has been i'd rather it be a little slow in coming and have it exactly right than rush it out before it's not quite up to par.

Also since it is a bit more thorough (or "Ultimate") than other similar efforts, i still wouldn't discourage people who haven't seen a particular episode from reading the entries because even though they may be "spoiler-heavy" i also wrote in so it doesn't give away all the gags or surprises either - you'll still be on the floor laughing at an episode even if you've memorized the guide! :smile:

jediX

Reaction score
Well you did an awesome job on that, man. Quite a labor of love, I must say. I can't wait to see what you have in store for season 3. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
dwmckim

I've just begun to read the wonderful guides you've written. I kind of like to savor each perfectly written page. Thank you so much for this great comprehensive work. You provide the perfect balance of information without giving it all away. Since many of us haven't had access to over half the episodes for years, this is the next best thing.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I have known many friends in the same situation. I'm very fortunate not to have gone through it like you are experiencing. Hang in there and know you aren't alone.

Thanks again for all you do around here. :smile::wink:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Jeez guys, this is AMAZING! :big_grin: :big_grin:

Really!

This is!

I personally loved readin' of Janice's evolution as Richard took over her character---how interesting, and so right on the head!

Thanks to each o' you guys for loggin' in so many hours of labors of love! We all rully appreciate it! :flirt: