Fan Fiction: Sesame Newsflash Swingling Bros. Circus

mikealan

Reaction score
SESAME STREET NEWSFLASH: SWINGLING BROS. CIRCUS ARRIVES

Narrator: We take you now to Kermit the Frog in this scene of another fast-breaking news story!

(Scene switch to Kermit reporting about the circus while the Muppet circus animals and performers get ready for the show.)

Kermit: Hi-ho, this is Kermit the Frog speaking to you for the exciting and fun event of entertainment where the Swingling Bros. Circus is coming to town! And to find out what's gonna happen in this circus, there will be lots of circus clowns and lots of circus lions and tigers, too. And there will be circus elephants and circus acrobats and circus horses and circus bears and circus gorillas and circus dogs, and uh...(A Muppet cow that looked like Gladys passes by mooing.) circus cows? I don't know if cows will be allowed in the circus. (To Cow) Um, pardon me, cow, listen, are there any circus elephants and lions and horses and other animals here? (Cow acts like an elephant, then a gorilla.) Come on, cow! Get out of the circus right now! (Cow leaves mooing again.) Okay, here the circus is almost about to start and wait, I see an elephant coming to interview me! (A huge Muppet elephant passes by.) Um, pardon me, elephant, I'm Kermit the Frog of Sesame Street News and I'm wondering what's going to happen in the Swingling Bros. Circus.

Elephant (Joey Mazzarinaro): Well, um, Swinging Bros. is a three-ring circus. I mean, the five-ring circus, where all of us animals and performers are getting ready for the show, but people didn't arrive yet.

Kermit: People did not arrive yet, huh?

Elephant: Yep, and do you know the time the circus begins?

Kermit: No, what?

Elephant: It starts at 7:30 PM and ends until 10:00. Then there will be another show at 11:30 and ends at 2:00 AM.

Kermit: Wow, you must be staying awake for the whole night!

Elephant: Yeah, well I gotta go back to work, frog.

Kermit: Okay, uh, thank you for the information, elephant. (Elephant walks back to the show.) You see folks, the time is now 7:15 PM, and the show is almost beginning to start, and uh, the people didn't arrive yet! Wait a minute! I see some people arriving to the Swingling Bros. Circus right now! Yes, and it costs 25 cents to enter the circus, and we have ten more minutes before the show! Sounds like many other people are excited for the circus show, right? Well, I believe many people are coming to the circus right now! Yep, and uh, they didn't want to watch the whole show! Sounds too interesting, and as a matter of fact, the circus is starting right now, and the show is about to begin!

(Inside, the audience Muppets cheer as the circus begins to start. The Muppet ringmaster announces the show.)

Ringmaster (Jerry Nelson): Ladies and gentlemen and children of all ages! Welcome to the Swingling Bros. Circus! And now, the first act you're gonna see is where the famous clown, David is going to balance on the high wire with spectacular acrobats!

(Audience cheers for the Anything Muppet clown, David and spectacular Muppet acrobats performing on the high wire.)

Kermit: Oh, look at that! There's the ringmaster hosting many of the acts that are gonna perform on the show! (To Ringmaster) Pardon me, ringmaster, I'm Kermit the Frog of Sesame Street News and I'd like to speak to you for a second.

Ringmaster: Hi, frog! How are ya doing?

Kermit: Great! Just interviewing for a bit.

Ringmaster: Is this Sesame Street?

Kermit: No, we're performing live on Sesame Street News. I see that you're the host of the show, but what do you exactly do in it?

Ringmaster: Well, actually, I announce any of the acts that we've performed so audience'll enjoy us.

Kermit: Wow! You see folks, the ringmaster is famous of announcing acts, and as a matter of fact, one of the clowns is doing a great job performing on the wire and it's finally over and everyone is beginning to like it! (Audience cheers on David balancing proudly on the high wire.) (Walking to the stand near the wire.) Oh, look at that, folks! One of the circus clowns has done a great job balancing himself on the wire!

Clown (Frank Oz): Actually, I've done many funny tricks on the wire.

Kermit: Oh, and he is doing funny tricks on the wire, and it was the never-before seen act in the circus! (To clown) Oh, uh, pardon me clown, I'm Kermit the Frog of Sesame Street News and I'd like to speak to you just a moment, before the next act-

Clown: Hi, frog!

Kermit: Hi!

Clown: And I'm David, one of us clowns that the ringmaster let us perform our tricks on this wire I'm standing on.

Kermit: And you look so great for the show.

Clown: Thank you.

Kermit: You're welcome, and excuse me, what do you exactly do on your early circus performances?

Clown: Well, actually, I've done juggling and I've put cloth in someone's ears, and I've been balancing on one of the big balls. These are the performances I've remembered.

Kermit: You see circus-lovers, the Swingling Bros. Circus is becoming the most popular event yet! (To David) And it's nice to have you on the show! (Slaps David off the wire, landing on the gas for the human cannonball act. Fire suddenly landed on the gas and part of the circus begins to explode!!!) Uh-maybe the most unpopular event yet. (Sirens go on, the police Anything Muppets, the firemen Anything Muppets and the emergency Anything Muppets rush to save David the Clown and the circus.) Uh, elephants,...clowns...(To performers) uh, elephants, dogs and clowns and bears and acrobats! Uh-(They ignored him)

Ringmaster: Oh, no! Now look what you did!

Kermit: Well, I'm awfully feel sorry about that. (Embarassed) Oh, no! What have I done? It was just a major accident!

Audience Member#1 (Richard Hunt): Oh, no! Look at this! The famous clown is dead! Who had killed the beloved clown?!

Audience Member#2 (Frank Oz): I know who did it! It's the frog who had done it!Get him out of here!

Kermit: What?!?! (The police Muppets arrive to arrest him.) Wait! What are you doing? Get off of my back! I didn't do it unpurpose! Honest! I didn't ruin the circus! It was a major accident, you know!

END OF SKETCH

Whatever

Reaction score
I liked the beginning, but I dont think Kermit would do anything clumsy/ destructive like that!

ssetta

Reaction score
Lol! Very funny!! I think he was doing a parody of the Humpty Dumpty skit there.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Well since Richard Hunt is dead, who would you have take his place?

David Rudman? Marty Robinson?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I can't picture this happening. No one dies in skits like these. And don't try to prove me wrong - Humpty didn't DIE when Kermit knocked him over, per se ... he just broke. The "mouth" part of him could still talk, I believe.

mikealan

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Well since Richard Hunt is dead, who would you have take his place?

David Rudman? Marty Robinson?
If it can't be Richard Hunt, it has to be David Rudman! Frank Oz should use early voices of early Frank Oz's Anything Muppets.

What did you think of the cows' part of the circus skit? Circuses never used cows before!