The Secret Life of Toys - The Complete Series DVD?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
From tvshowsondvd.com:

Last fall, Lionsgate released The Christmas Toy on DVD, a 1986 TV special produced by Jim Henson and featuring Muppet-style characters from Jim Henson's Creature Shop. The special was hosted by Kermit the Frog (voiced by Henson).

In 1994, eight years after the premiere of that special (and four years after Henson's death), the special was spun off into a regular TV series with many of the same Creature Shop characters. 13 half-hour episodes were produced of The Secret Life of Toys, each one containing two different installments (for a total of 26 stories). The program aired on the Disney Channel in the USA.

Rumors from industry sources are telling us that Lionsgate Entertainment and The Jim Henson Company are working toward a DVD release later this year for The Secret Life of Toys - The Complete Series, probably in time for the holidays (October or November). This is all just gossip for now, though, so take it with a grain of salt. However, we're confident enough in our sources that we've decided to pass this info along to our readers. All 13 episodes should be able to fit on just a couple of discs, after all, with room left for extras (if any).

Again, this is not confirmed by the studio, so please don't get your hopes up too high until (and unless) a formal announcement gets made. Stay tuned and we'll update you if that happens!

source: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Secret-Life-Toys-DVDs-Rumored/14106

Drtooth

Reaction score
Beat me by an hour...

Cool as this sounds, I STILL want to see Dog City (the only show owned by Henson that isn't on DVD that I really would want)...

Redsonga

Reaction score
EEee! Secret Life of ToysSecret Life of ToysSecret Life of Toys...Sorry, my hopes are up now. Since I had, like no hopes of seeing this series again I think that is something :big_grin:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah! The Secret Life of Toys may get a new life on DVD!
See article here- http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Secret-Life-Toys-DVDs-Rumored/14106
Oh, what? Aw- you guys already beat me to it. LOL- that's cool. Exciting news! It'd be great if The Secret Life of Toys came with extras- like maybe an unedited copy of "The Christmas Toy".:smile:
But wow- it seems like slowly but surely so many of the long obscure and hard to find Henson shows and specials are making their way to DVD. Dog City may get here yet.:sympathy::big_grin:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
This would be fantastic news if this were true. I personally think it will come out in October but I'll take the rumors with a grain of salt. Hopefully a re-issue of The Christmas Toy with K****t the F**g intact with this set, too (gotta make sure we can still say his name legally :stick_out_tongue:).

Drtooth

Reaction score
They managed to keep him perfectly in tact other wise. My concern is that they would need the master tape that HAS Kermit on it... ditto for Emmit Otter. I'd hate to see all this other stuff come together and for them not to have an unedited master copy. After all, the only Master tapes Lionsgate had of ALF were syndicated versions... and they had some poor sources for the TMNT cartoon.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great Video Warrick.

While watching it I noticed on the shelf behind one of the female speakers there are some Sid plush toys, then there is a box/folder/book with writing on the front and a small square picture of Gobo at the bottom? Anyone know what this is?

Chris

MuppetDanny

Reaction score