Kermit Love dies at 91

Brooklyn

Reaction score
Unfortunately Kermit Love passed away last night. Feel free to use this space to share your thoughts, memories and questions about his contributions to the world of Henson and beyond. It's a sad day on Sesame Street, and many other streets around the world.

From Muppet Wiki:
Kermit Love (b. August 5, 1916) has long been associated as a designer/builder with the Muppets, in particular those on Sesame Street (where he also acted as Willy, the hot dog vendor).

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Thats so sad. :sympathy:
My heart goes out to his family and everyone who knew him.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
R.I.P. Kermit Love, you helped play a part in making one of children's television's most appealing characters come to life and for that we are forever greatful. :wisdom::sympathy:

Luke

Reaction score
Really sad news about Kermit Love, i was reading articles about him and looking at photos of a party with him a while back. He lived to a great age, and accomplished so much. It'd be nice for the site to pay tribute to him in some way.

Xerus

Reaction score
RIP, Mr. Kermit Love. I'll always remember your wonderful performance as Willy the Hot Dog Man. :cry:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wow... this is... wow... very, very sad indeed. You will be missed, Mister Love. Thank you for constructing Big Bird, Snuffy, and many other Muppet characters in your many years with us. You will be greatly missed. :sympathy: I remember, in Kevin Clash's book, he talked about how wonderful of a person Mister Love was. I hope his spirit carries on.

Skye

Reaction score
Oh no, how sad!

RIP, Mr. Love. You will be greatly missed. :sympathy:

Brooklyn

Reaction score
I know that a few members had a relationship with Mr. Love. I think it would be great for the rest of us to hear any stories they may have been apart of or heard about Kermit.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is truly a sad day, and I will pray for the Love family. I think if it where not for Kermit Love Kevin Clash would not be who he is today.

zns

Reaction score
Yeah Kermit was a great mentor to a lot of the Muppet performers. He convinced Caroll Spinney to keep his job at Sesame Street and brought Kevin Clash in as one of todays greatest performers for the company. I have no doubt in my mind that he will surely be missed.