Baby Bean

Drtooth

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that this character really didn't seem to fit in? Not so much in a writing "they didn't need the character" way. I mean, in the show itself, it looks like he's doing his own thing, and he really has no chemestry with most of the characters.

I also get the impression he's much more depressed than the real Bean. i don't know why.

But as the writing aspect kicks in... looking at episodes like "sing a song of Superheroes" it looks like the writers just didn't know what to do with him half the time. Pasting him in as a Fifth ninja Turtle?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I guess Henson must have really wanted Bean to be a main character, outside of The Jim Henson Hour. Bean would also appear in Here Come the Muppets, while Rowlf (except for as a puppet in the pre-show) and Scooter didn't. It would have been cool if the show added baby versions of Digit (though I wonder if Digit could have been a baby, since he was an android), Leon, and Lindberg.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I liked Bean Bunny on Muppet Babies, he was cute (hehe) in himself. But he was the classic "jumped the shark" character.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I guess Henson must have really wanted Bean to be a main character, outside of The Jim Henson Hour. Bean would also appear in Here Come the Muppets, while Rowlf (except for as a puppet in the pre-show) and Scooter didn't. It would have been cool if the show added baby versions of Digit (though I wonder if Digit could have been a baby, since he was an android), Leon, and Lindberg.
Yeah, I think Kim wanted Steve to have more primary characters at the time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love the character of Bean Bunny in other Muppet Projects. And as someone posted on another thread, it was because they wanted a new character, and one of the kids of the network exec didn't like Baby Bunsen or Beaker.....

(WERE THEY MAD? Bunsen :confused: and Beaker :eek: are always welcome in every Muppet media).

I would have to see more episodes featuring Bean to really make a judgemen. But it's like the writers didn't know what do do with him, or even knew who he was. Instead of making him semi-Grover-esque self cute obsessed character he was, they made him depressd and totally out of it.

But that's to say he doesn't have his moments. In Muppet Babies: the Next Generation, the character was really funny, and totally fit in to the story. Even getting involved in a small subplot where Scooter and Skeeter were having a fight over the Endor fantasy.

And I loved the line: "It's things like that that effect some bunnies perminantly"

JJandJanice

Reaction score
It's funny cause now the writers of most Henson projects don't like Bean at all.

To be honset I was never really a big fan of the character myself.

Plus it seem odd to have him in "Muppet Babies" while it seem like he was a little kid himself in the "grown up" Muppets.