Lots of MUP3's, Wanna Trade?

Erine81981

Reaction score
For anyone interested,

I also just recently figured out how to do this. I'm real excited that I can now get audio from things like Bobby McFerrin's song w. the muppets in the Jim Henson Hour, and the like.

There are a number of different ways, but the method I use is from here: http://www.zeropaid.com/news/7469/How+to+Download+Videos+From+YouTube+and+MySpace

This link tells you to get the Mozilla Firefox Internet Browser (which is free and works well). It also recommends the VLC player (also free) which is very handy. After you have that, follow the instructions, and then you can get what you need! Then, it's a matter of formatting (converting for just the sound, converting the video, etc.) For this I use something called SUPER (Also free and not too hard to use once you get the hang of it - takes a little practice). The biggest pain is downloading SUPER as it takes you through a few hoops, for example you have to scroll down to close to the bottom of the page to find the download link. But trust me, it's really worth it - it's a great tool. You can download it here: http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Hope that is helpful to some of you! :halo:
Ok David. I've downloaded all of this stuff. Expect for the Super. Don't care for it. But i downloaded the Firefox thing and the videomaker (whatever it's called) But i try to put it in the cuztomize thing and it says it can't take it because it's not the old Firefox and the new one can't take the new one. Understand this doesn't make any since at all but hope this helps on what i'm trying to do.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I use Vixy.net because it's less downloading. You just put in the URL of the YouTube site and it generally creates an MP3 on the first try. The timecode's a little off, but if you convert it in iTunes, it fixes.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I have something i can make audio but i want something that will get me the video not just the audio. Thanks anways MeepBork.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
No Vixy.net gets the .mov or the .wmv of it too, it just takes a little longer.

dabauckham

Reaction score
Let me know how it goes, Kyle! I'm sorry, I can't really help any further with the Mozilla - not sure what's going on there. But I do recommend the free VLC player, regardless - it works really well for playing video files, no matter how they are formatted. You can get it here: http://www.zeropaid.com/programs/downprg.php?id=147

Hope that something works out for you!

-David

Hey..Randall, or Kyle would either of you mind sending me "C Drives me Crazy" when you get a chance? Been curious about that one myself. :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Let me know how it goes, Kyle! I'm sorry, I can't really help any further with the Mozilla - not sure what's going on there. But I do recommend the free VLC player, regardless - it works really well for playing video files, no matter how they are formatted. You can get it here: http://www.zeropaid.com/programs/downprg.php?id=147

Hope that something works out for you!

-David

Hey..Randall, or Kyle would either of you mind sending me "C Drives me Crazy" when you get a chance? Been curious about that one myself. :smile:
Don't worry David. MeepBorkMeep had a wonderful site that does that with vidoes too. So i've been downloading videos one right after the other. It's really awsome! And i'll send you the song.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You might want to ask for a specific version... There's one by Jerry Nelson, and another by Eric Jacobson as Bert.
BTW: Been thinking of renaming this thread... Not a whole new name altogether, just a small change that might reflect the type of music asked for in this thread and that might help others when posting about Muppet songs they're seeking.