Dark Crystal Sequel on Hiatus Was A Rumor

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Legends of the Drak Crystal delayed?

According to Amazon, Legends of the Dark Crystal has been delayed until November.:boo: Please tell me this isn't so:eek: , it's bad enough we have to wait till 2008 for the sequel! Anyone know anything about this? Anything at all?

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
(sigh) Well, at least it was confirmed. Thanks for your help GelflingWaldo!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Not surprising, give how often comics get delayed--there are just so many different people involved. I hope, though, that the delay makes the end result even better. I'd much rather have a late awesome project than a prompt rushed one.

Phloyd456

Reaction score
darkhorizons.com/news07/070202c.php

"The Power of the Dark Crystal", a proposed sequel to the classic fantasy film of the 80's, has been officially put 'on hiatus'.

Unofficially though, film ick indicates the project is scrapped with almost two years of pre-production work by Genndy Tartakovsky to be chucked out.

That isn't stopping the Henson company from being busy though. Plans are in the works for adaptations of Edward Gorey's "The Doubtful Guest", Susan Cooper's "The Boggart", and a film based on the "Monster Blood Tattoo" trading card series.

Brian Henson himself will direct "Boggart" which will be live action.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The Film is Not on Hiatus!

Darkhorizons has their facts wrong. The film's production is moving along as planned. The project is not "canceled", "on hiatus", "delayed" or " abandoned". Production is on track and the film is still planned for a "Spring 2008" release. The Jim Henson Company's Head of Publicity and Head of Features both reassured me on Wednesday (after I caught wind of this rumor) that the film is still alive and moving along as intended. Apparently some hooligans are out there making reports that the film has been canceled, but there is no merit to the claims at all. The film is coming and things are moving along beautifully. The goal is to finish post-production by the end of the year, so we should see the physical production gearing up real soon. The internet is a great tool for getting information and it's also a great place to spread rumors. Don't just trust everything you read about the film out there. Look at what/who the source is and what validity their claims have. It's easy for crazed "fans" to make stuff up and get it out there – and once that stuff is out there it can be hard (if not impossible) to correct. With a much anticipated film that's part of such a beloved and established franchise, it's easy for people to jump to conclusions, assert assumptions as fact and just try to play games with the fanbase.

The film should be ready for its debut at Cannes in May 2008. So the key now is patience. I know it seems like forever when waiting for the film, and some days it feels like it will never be here. But everything is on track and the film is coming our way. The film is not on hiatus! So feel free to set up camp in front of your local cineplex to be the first to get tickets when they go on sale in "Spring 2008". But until then, we have to wait.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Phew! I was like "WHAT?!?!?!?!?" when I saw the title of this thread, but now I feel lots better.

Thanks GW!!
:smile:
Anthony