Vic Romano's Weekly Creative Muppet Visuals

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! What a true blue miracled wonder. Dave, this might be your finest work ever. So now I want to know absolutely everything about this visual masterpiece. As much as I loved MFG, this is another definite on the wants list.
Maybe I'm fascinated by this because of the total conglomeration of all Muppet/Henson characters present for the holidays. Or because it's just a fraction of what the total family gathering would look like if you got pics of all the almost 5K characters in the ol' Muppet List. Yes, it's been two years in the making and it'll be that grand, watch for it when it's posted.

Thanks once again Dave, happy holidays!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Fizzgig is only other character not wearing a hat. Thanks again! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!
You are correct, sir!
The Count said:
So now I want to know absolutely everything about this visual masterpiece. As much as I loved MFG, this is another definite on the wants list.
Okay, but only because you asked Count. :wink: Let me also mention that I miss counted and that there are actually 68 Muppets, not 67. All the Muppets except Piggy, Animal and as crazed gonzo fa pointed out, Fizzygig are wearing Santa Clause hats. Kermit is in a full Santa suit front and center with Piggy amongst their gifts to the gathered Muppets behind them with Animal pushing his face in front as well yelling "PRESENTS!". Behind them reside the remaining 65 Muppets which are (in no particular order):
  1. Waldo C. Graphic
  2. Ernie
  3. Bert
  4. Tutter
  5. Cookie Monster
  6. Rizzo
  7. Jen
  8. Kira
  9. Fizzygig
  10. Cantus
  11. Uncle Traveling Matt
  12. Mokey
  13. Gobo
  14. Red
  15. Boober
  16. Wembley
  17. Fozzie Bear
  18. PePe
  19. Beaker
  20. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
  21. Bean Bunny
  22. Guy Smiley
  23. Beautiful Day Monster
  24. Beauregard
  25. Rowlf
  26. Statler
  27. Waldorf
  28. Robin
  29. Dr. Teeth
  30. The White Lion (from the JHH)
  31. Scooter
  32. The Count
  33. Digit (from the JHH)
  34. Sam the Eagle
  35. Herry Monster
  36. Johnny Fiama
  37. Elmo
  38. Hoggle
  39. Grover
  40. Bugsy Them (from Dog City)
  41. Prairie Dawn
  42. Sir Didymus
  43. Emmet Otter (from EOJBC)
  44. Wendell Porcupine (from EOJBC)
  45. Harvey Muskrat (from EOJBC)
  46. Charlie Beaver (from EOJBC)
  47. Telly Monster
  48. Wilkins
  49. Wontkins
  50. Floyd Pepper
  51. Uncle Deadly
  52. The Story Teller's Dog
  53. Big Bird
  54. Sam (from Sam & Friends)
  55. Sweetums
  56. Thog
  57. Earl Sinclair
  58. The Great Gonzo
  59. Seymor the Elephant
  60. Janice
  61. Cliffor
  62. Zoot
  63. Lips
  64. Fred (from the Muppet Meeting Films)
  65. Annie Sue Pig

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Tips festive holly decorated top hat at Vic... Thank you sirrah, twas a most merrious congregation of Muppet favorites. To merely imagine... How it wouldst look with even more notable names in there, or having them all together at a sort of mass family picture.
You know... If you took all the entries I have in the Muppet Listing (saved on my computer), which includes some print-only and unseen characters, arranged them in pyramid formation in the form of ornaments on their likenesses... You'd need a Christmas tree big enough for 100 rows and they'd all fit one above the other. So put that into consideration. That'd make for a great visual, or maybe put the various family members in alphabetical order lined up next to each other and show them off letter by letter.
Just some ideas to feed the fires of Christmas creation. Happy holidays Dave!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Happy New Year 2007

New Years is a double-edged sword. Sometimes, we can say goodbye to a year that we're more than happy to be done with and have a positive outlook and clean slate for the new one. Other times, it reminds us that these special holiday seasons are coming to an end, and a special year is expiring. This visual is more of the latter, it's a somber visual with an atmosphere of solidarity, and I've included Kenny G.'s Millennium Version of Auld Lange Syne to download and listen to (available for one week or 100 downloads) while you enjoy this last visual of 2006 and contemplate the year along with the sax man himself; Zoot.

Happy New Year, 2007
Be sure to click the image for a "full view" :smile:

*Special Note - This New Year’s visual is sized to 1024×768 for the perfect fit for your computer desktop!

Muppet Central Morsels
• This visual wasn't even created, designed or conceived yet when it appeared on the schedule. In fact, it was created just last Thursday! It actually still appears on my personal VRWCMV schedule as "TO BE ANNOUNCED".
• Originally there was a woman standing in the snow in front of the open door of the train. She was "Photoshopped" out and Muppet penguins were placed there instead. They too were removed as I felt they distracted from the mood of the piece.
• Other concepts that were considered before this one was decided:
* Kermit & Piggy dancing in an empty ballroom long after the party ended.
* Piggy and Kermit sharing a glass of champagne.
* A Muppet Babies illustration (look for a Baby Kermit illustration from this concept to appear in "The Lost Visuals - Volume 2" on April 13th, 2007)
* Bert & Ernie sitting asleep in their living room with the ball dropping on the television.​

***More info you may or may not feel the need to read!***
Upcoming Visuals!
We keep the suspense rolling by giving you a look at not just the next visual, but weeks ahead too!
Next Week: Tune in next Friday, January 5th to see a special tribute to Jim Henson in true modern design. And then:
January 12, 2007 – Muppet’s Movie Parody – Mean Girls
January 19, 2007 - Muppet's Movie Parody – Scarface
January 26, 2007 – The Muppet Central Show – Season 2

High Resolution prints of "A Muppet Family Gathering"
Prints of November 3rd's premiere visual have been made thanks to Trinity Creatives and are currently in production. Shipping rates are the main hold up at the moment. We are trying to fairly price shipping for the US, Canada, the UK and Australia. PLEASE KNOW that this is a priority and very special offers will be er … offered to the first few orders. A separate thread will be made in the “For Sale And Trade” section of the forum hopefully very soon.

This really is coming soon!!! Please don't give up hope!

Check out all VRWCMV here!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Very nice Dave! It is sort of the perfect way to capture the beauty and yet melancholy of this time of year. It's exactly how I feel, ready to move forward, yet sad that the holidays are almost over. I'm glad you left out the woman and the penguins, it just wouldn't have been right!

I must say though, I like the idea of Ernie and Bert asleep in their chairs with the ball dropping on t.v., that would have been cute!

I'm really looking forward to all of the upcoming January visuals! Especially Muppet Show 2! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
As ushy-gushy as the Kermit and Miss Piggy visuals sound, I'm glad you went with Zoot. When it comes to meloncholy, soulfull moments, Zoot takes the biscuit. He always looks so perfect.

Font choice here was, fantastic. And I ADORE the lighting.