Your Thoughts: A MC Christmas

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Just wanted to say, "Big wet kisses" to whoever does the fantastic pictures that grace each new holiday. The one of Miss Piggy and her favorite present is one to get all mushy about. God bless you for what you do for all of us!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Those menus were done by the same person who did the Muppet icons. His name is Jamie, we knew him once by his screen name of frogboy4. He was instrumental in helping get the screen caps and looks of the characters back when the figure line was going strong in 2003. He's sort of taken a savatical retreat as he tends to other matters, just what we don't know. But he was a great guy and member of the forums, sorely missed by those who remember him.
Hope this answers your questions Ru.

Marky

Reaction score
Thank you Phil, Merry Christmas!
I hope you don't mind, I started a Merry Christmas thread in the General area.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just wanted to say I'm glad the Sesame Street Christmas Sing-Along album has been included on MC radio. I still have the record at home. I used to listen to it every Christmas, but now I'm afraid to play it in case it gets scratched. So it's great to be able to hear the songs on the web. :smile:

Oscar: "One more Fa la la and I'm leaving!"

Ernie: "Oh, Oscar..."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil... First off, merry Christmas.

Now then... Listening to MC Radio, "Jingle Bells/Jingle Bell Rock" and I'm a bit confused.
The track listing says that this medly performed by Kermit and Robin, flowing into the Electric Mayhem's performance of the latter song as being from "A Classic Cartoon Christmas".
What's this "Classic Cartoon Christmas"? And more to the point, aren't those two songs from A Muppet Family Christmas?
Thought you should know about and make any corrections if necessary.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A Classic Cartoon Christmas is a CD that was released in 1996 when Muppet Family Christmas was airing on Nickelodeon. It contains many of the best children's Christmas television songs of all time. Two of the songs from Muppet Family Christmas are included. Since this is the only CD release the special has had that is why the songs are credited as such. It's a nice CD and we usually listen to it over the holidays.

Luke

Reaction score
I'd just like to say i've enjoyed the christmas music on Muppet Central Radio and it's great it's been left on some more. Perhaps next year the non-stop christmas could continue until new year!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Luke,

As of today about one out of every four songs is Christmas related. The Christmas music will probably continue in this fashion until December 31 when those songs will be removed. More than 150 new songs will be going into the rotation though once the Christmas tunes end.

The non-stop Christmas music was extremely popular this year, so expect it to start earlier next year, maybe either 10-14 days before Christmas instead of the usual five days. We hope all the new folks continue to listen into the new year.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooh... Thanks for the update Phil.
Was pleased to find the Christmas songs still in the rotation. Probably won't get to hear them since I'm busy as a bat with all the Muppet DVD's I got for the holidays.
If the non-stop Christmas music goes longer next year, I'd kind of prefer or put in a vote that it be 10-14 days stretching towards New Year's EVe Day rather than earlier in the month, up to two weeks earlier, finishing on Christmas Day like Luke suggested.
Also, I noticed this and asked about it in the Strange MC Radio Occurences thread... You might want to correct this, but all of the songs/segments from A Muppet Family Christmas were labeled as being from "A Classic Cartoon Christmas". Why was that?
And finally... On the subject of more new music... Would like to hear some from all venues of Henson productions like Faffner Hall and Jim Henson's Animal Show if you can get it. Also, since you've had music from The Electric Company in the rotation, is there any chance of getting music from other CTW productions like Square One Television or even Encyclopedia?
Just askin', thanks for the greatness that is Muppet Central Mr. Chapman.