Maria as a snake charmer - 12

SesameMike

Reaction score
Does anyone remember a sketch which had a snake charmer drawing up a serpent that looked remarkably similar to the number 12?

I'm pretty sure that it was Maria, dressed in (Asian) Indian garb, and playing a lengthy tune on a flute. First a "1", slowly but surely rose out of the basket and stopped above her head. Then she played another tune which drew a "2" out of the same basket. With both digits up there, she stopped playing (arms folded?), uttered an intent "twelve" (only dialogue in the whole sketch?), then played another tune after which I can't recall what happened next.

Whole thing was a bit eerie, if slow-paced.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Nope that was David. Even though it was probably done in the early 70s it was shown at least up untill the early 80s.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember the ending. The flute player continued to pay. Then the 12 slowly moved to the front of the screen and the flute player slowly disappeared and got replaced with Indian paintings of cows and natives while the 12 continued to dance.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I have vague memories of someone charming numbers out of a basket on Sesame Street, but didn't remember the other details. Thanks for posting them, guys...the older number clips have kick-butt visuals compared to most of the recent ones.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I have vague recollections of such occurences as well. I think Maria may have done something similar sometime even if that sketch was done by David