Vic Romano's Weekly Creative Muppet Visuals

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Bernie and Ert???

Vic Romano said:
Alright, before I get to today's Creative Visual, I'd just like to thank you once again for all of your kind words. If you liked last week's desktop wallpaper, and you don't visit here regularly, come back on November 4th for another cool one... more about that later. Lemme' just take a second to answer a few questions about the 390:

How long did it take to make The 390?
The 390 took about three hours to complete. Each name was cut and pasted from the member's page as it's listed by post count. Then carefully placed and color selected so that no two colors ran too close in proximity.

Why are some names bigger then others?
Senior membership has its advantages. Besides, making every name the same size would have been very difficult to account for spacing and placement, and it wouldn't be as visually fun.

I can't find my name, am I there?
In all honesty, I don't know! Here's the best formula I can give you; if you had more then 69 posts by 11:30 p.m. EST on Friday September 9, 2005; then "Yes", you're there. This was also the reason this image was posted last week and not tossed at the end of the line for the schedule (believe it or not, VRWCMV has a schedule! Which currently brings us midway through December) as post count changes quickly. Actually, Ziffel and Gorgon Heap were not seniors at that point and I had to decide if it was appropriate to increase their name sizes.

So for those of you that like it, I'm glad. For those who feel you got short changed, make your own. :stick_out_tongue:
And now on to this weeks most over rated visual:

My Time With The EM
I know a lot of MC members play trumpet. Me too! I love it, it's great, and all us brass players have tremendous egos, so naturally before I met and married my beautiful wife, I fiendishly food poisoned :sing: to get close to :flirt: ! Ultimately we all know how the story panned out with those two, but there's still a special place in my heart for the ol' girl and I got to tour with the world famous Electric Mayhem for a brief period in time. Dr. Teeth still e-mails me when he thinks Lips isn't performing well.

September 23, 2005

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Still haven't seen the light? Please check out:
The Archives
• August 12, 2005 - Some Of My Friends
• August 19, 2005 - The Real Muppet Show
• August 26, 2005 - Sweden's Peace Ambassador
• September 2, 2005 - The Animal Hunter
• September 9, 2005 - Bernie & Ert
• September 16, 2005 - The 390

Tune in next week when the Fraggles ditch their crummy old PCs for sleek and sophisticated Macs.
Ok Now I have seen great art.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This weeks art was supposed to be of a fun Fraggle nature, but in lieu of recent events, Beau and I have decided that tomorrows visual will be a tribute to the late Jerry Juhl.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Jerry Juhl

Jerry Juhl
The other night I recieved an e-mail from our own Beauregard saying it would be a beautiful tribute if this week's creative visual was dedicated to the late Jerry Juhl.
I agreed, but insisted he write the intro, as a great writer himself, I believed it was only right that Beau write for Mr. Juhl.

Jerry Juhl...

What can be said for a man who has touched the lives of almost every person in our countries...yet who's name is known by so few.

Writer's are rarely as known, or as loved, as the creations they write for, but to me at least, Jerry Juhl was more than a writer, he was a Creator. The first employee of Jim and Jane Henson, Jerry has been there from the begining, a part of the whole, father of the Muppets.

It was he, with Jim, who made them what they are.

And not the Muppets alone, Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street...

There will never again be a show such as Fraggle Rock, with characters, storylines, and deep truthes as they showed.

Once again, we look at the passing of a great, and wonder, What now. Can the world go on? Can the Muppets still live, and the Fraggle's still dance their cares away after this?

Yes, they can. Becuase Jerry was not just a writer, he was a creator. And he didn't just write for the Muppets, he created what they are today, and those creations can continue to grow and evolve, and while scripts with dog-eared corners may brown in the waste-paper-basket, the magic, and life of the Muppets stays within them...forever...
This week's Creative Muppet Visual...

September 30, 2005

This week's Creative Muppet Visual has been designed as a desktop wallpaper for you as well, so that you might remember a legend.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Never seen this before? Please check out:
The Archives
• August 12, 2005 - Some Of My Friends
• August 19, 2005 - The Real Muppet Show
• August 26, 2005 - Sweden's Peace Ambassador
• September 2, 2005 - The Animal Hunter
• September 9, 2005 - Bernie & Ert
• September 16, 2005 - The 390
• September 23, 2005 - My Time With The EM

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thanks Vic.

That desktop is so...AMAZING! It must have taken you a long, long time to make. So, thanks. It was worth it. I have it as my desktop, andit means a lot to me to see his looking out over the muppets, his muppets.

Vibs

Reaction score
Yes, real nice job Dave! Really touching.
And your writing too Beau.

Thanks, to both of you for this.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thank you so much Vic and Beau. Glad yo have good computer friends like ya'll here. I'm just glad to have know about it. If I wouldn't ever had found this website I would have been in the dark about everything. Glad to have friends like this and to have Muppet Central. Good work guys.