Special Edition Movie DVD's coming in November

That Announcer

Reaction score
Mark my words. These so-called "special" editions of these movies will not sell. They aren't even special. They are chopped films with lousy special features that I personally hope nobody buys.

Disney, haven't you learned your lesson yet? The last time you tried to release MCC and MTI in pan-and-scan only, they barely sold and hundreds (if not thousands) expressed their disapproval, including Brian Henson himself! That's right! The very man who directed the films did not want pan-and-scan only releases, and yet, you put them out! And not only did you put them out once, you're about to do it again. Who do you expect to buy these? Copies of the Tri-Star TMM and GMC releases are not that hard to find.

The most insulting part of it all: we know you have the widescreen transfers at least for MCC and MTI, and almost certainly TMM and GMC. You've released MTI in widescreen everywhere but here, and MCC in widescreen at least in South America. Why bother releasing cropped films when so many people will not buy them? Why go against the director's wishes (as directly conveyed to you)? Why chop a film? Why would you go against what has been clearly shown to give you more sales? Why would you do this? WHY? WHY? WHY?

Yes, I have said before that it wasn't that big a deal. I was wrong. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm going to see if I can get John L. Berger (proprietor of www.widescreen.org) to come on over here. Think I'll mosey on over to his website and celebrate the news.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I fully agree with all you just said, TA, but don't jump on the bandwagon just yet. Nothing has been confirmed. (Wait till you hear it from the source first.)
However, do feel free to run over to that site and rant to them about it. People should know and care about this. I won't be buying them if they're not available in widescreen, it just ruins it.

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I fully agree with all you just said, TA, but don't jump on the bandwagon just yet. Nothing has been confirmed.
However, do feel free to run over to that site and rant to them about it. People should know and care about this. I won't be buying them if they're not available in widescreen, it just ruins it.
I'd suggest you swing by and send John a message as well. He's at john@widescreen.org. Anybody else who's angry, drop him a line, and make sure to bombard Disney as well.

And I could personally care less if it hasn't been confirmed yet. If it has been confirmed, E-mails to Disney will tell them to change it; if it hasn't, we can tell 'em not to do that again. :mad:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Huh, you make a solid point when you're bound and determined.
Especially since it's pretty much more of a hassle to turn a muppet movie into fullscreen, since you get arm socks, boom mikes, and everything else in the way. **growls**.

edit: grawrck, typo

anathema

Reaction score
Play are now listing up UK releases of all four movies for November.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
No "Muppets Wizard of OZ"! :smirk: Could it be the film will be shown on television around that time?

MWoO

Reaction score
There is really no point in getting the GMC or TMM special editions if you own the original dvds. the only real new content is some new behind the scenes look and some interviews with Pepe for some reason.