Meeting Kermit and Steve at Barnes and Noble in New York

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'm so jealous of everyone who got to go--I'm green with envy, and we all know about how easy that isn't. Anyway, I'd love to hear what some of the differences were between the two appearances, if anyone went to both.

:smile:

yaytime

Reaction score
Seriously that was one of the coolest things ever.
I got to go the Union Square Q&A at 8pm.
If I wasn't already obessesed with the Muppets I'm even more so now.
And Steve as far as I'm concerned showed why he is the perfect fill in for Jim Henson himself. He was just so humble and brilliant. His improv skills are incredible!!!
And I got to hug Sweetums! everything about it was perfect.

All this and the news of a Farscape miniseries and I'm in Henson utopia land...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hey there, Yaytime...

Thanks for the great photos and the write-up of the event! I'm dying of jealousy, but it was really nice to get to live it vicariously through you...

:smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I posted this is another discussion (linked below), but MC is seeking as many pictures from the B&N appearances as possible. So if you took some photos, please send me an e-mail. All photos will be permanently archived on the site with photo credits.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=10984

beaker

Reaction score
How did I miss this thread? It is truly a special occation to be able to see live and in person, as well as meet Muppets and muppet performers!

Between this and the Oscar tour, its been a pretty good year for fans.

I had no idea Sweetums was gonna be there! Very very cool. Since there was no Muppetfest this year, Im glad this kind of acted a sort of psuedo Muppetfest. I hope people were able to make some new friends!

But yes, getting to meet and see actual Muppets in the fleece is a very special thing. Disney and Warner Bros fans can never meet or see their favorite characters! And that is another cool thing about the Muppets.

Anyways, I WOULD LOVE to see a vhs of some of the proceedings, see more pix, and read mroe stories!

The Kermit pix are so cool! From his days early on doing the alphabet with kids on Sesame, to here....I think Kermit is such a people person!(just look at the Kimmel on the street segments)

I can only hope fo rand imagine what a next Mupeptfest would entail! :smile:

Jaga828 said:
However, Kermit did manage to receive a proposal from Muppety dressed 20 year old.
mmm! she's uber cute! *wishes I could have a muppet loving gf someday*

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
If inquiring minds want to know....

I was the one who asked Steve to do the Rizzo impression.... :wink:

P

Philo and Gunge

Phil, we'll we see a Union Square editorial? I want to relive that lady taking Kermit's hand in marrage (sorry if your on this fourm, it was too funny).