vBulletin 3.0: New Style Set

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As you can see, Muppet Central Forum is now running with the new Gamma version of vBulletin 3.

These Are Not The Final Graphics

The graphics supplied with the Gamma version are not the final vB3 images. They are simply re-colored versions of the graphics that have been released before. The final (and completely new) vB3 graphics will make their appearance in a later release of the software.

New Style Functionality

The most obvious change with this version is the new style. The new templates were designed with the goals of streamlining the user interface, making for cleaner layout and easier navigation. For those users with Javascript enabled (ie: most), many of the less-frequently-used controls are now contained within popup menus, which you can identify for the most part by a word followed by the triangle image. Clicking these links will pop open a menu containing more in-depth controls for the page you are viewing. For users without Javascript capabilities, alternative layouts are displayed, making the best use of space possible.

Additionally, you will find that many elements of the interface can now be collapsed or minimized. If cookies are enabled on your browser, your collapsed element preferences will be automatically saved for the next time you view a page of that type.

There are a lot more changes and new features as well. Have a look around and let us know what you think! I will be making some other updates and modifications later today so don't be alarmed if things suddenly change.

Beebers

Reaction score
I'm thoroughly confused, and it hurts my eyes. I'm sorry, I know it's jazzy and cool. This is only me. I have a headache already after only a few minutes so I'm logging out. I'm sure everyone else will love it.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
How weird is that? I go away for a week, and both MSN and MC completely change their interfaces. LOL! (Well, not completely, but enough to confuse me.) It looks fine; it's just funny that all these changes happen on the one week I'm out of town!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Took me a while to get used to it, ("Bright light! Bright light!"), but it's lokin' pretty cool! :big_grin: And its a lil' confusing, but you confused me the LAST time you changed everything, & I got used to THAT, so I'm sure I'll figure it out!

jediX

Reaction score
I DEFINATELY like the old version better..... :smirk:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
It took me about 5 minutes to get used to, but now I really like it. In a few weeks, I'm sure everyone will have forgotten what the old one looked like anyway. Keep up the good work, Phil!!