Kimmel Editorial: A Note from Steve Whitmire

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Steve Whitmire sent us a wonderful note in response to Nik's Jimmy Kimmel editorial. He wanted it shared with everyone on the site, so here it is.

I hope this makes it through! I'm typing on a computer in the Sesame Street Fix It Shop set, using what may well be a fake e-mail address. Sorry to say, I am a dinosaur and truly don't have an e-mail address. Yes, for you Sesame Street fans - there are two real Internet connected Macs in the Fix It Shop set on the Street.

I wanted to thank Nik Zane for his kind words after visiting the Kimmel Show. FYI, ABC wants us back for sweeps week in November for (probably) a one time appearance. Don't yet have a confirmation or a date. Knowing you guys (the fans) you may know before I do!

I wanted to say that Zane said he resisted saying hello that evening, but I would have enjoyed it if he had. Don't be shy - we are generally very accessible folks! We love this site and we love our fans!

Thanks!
Steve Whitmire
And if you haven't seen it, here's Nikolas' editorial. He attended the Monday taping of the Jimmy Kimmel show.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/editorials/kimmel.shtml

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thats so cool that he sent an email to MC. Does that mean he was doing Ernie's segments on Sesame Street? I saw an episode where Telly uses the computer in the Fix-it-Shop, but wait a minute, I thought its no longer the Fix-it-Shop. Its a mail carrier in the new season. Do they still call it that or what?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of cast and crew probably still call it the Fix-It-Shop out of habbit. It re-opened as the Mail-It-Shop at the beginning of season 33.

NikZane

Reaction score
Wow! Thanx Steve, I'm so touched :excited:

Em and I had so much fun at the Kimmel gig, we were both kicking ourselves that we didn't say hi... and are even more so now. D'oh! Most importantly, we wanted to say thanx, just to let you know there were a couple of (and I'm sure many more) really appreciative Muppet fans in the audience that night - which was the least we could do for the wonderful performance you gave us.

I'm just thankful that Muppet Central is here, that Phillip allowed me the opportunity to provide an editorial, and that the message did eventually get through to you anyway.

--
Off on a tangent, Em and I went past the JHC on N. La Brea in Hollywood yesterday, just to see it. For anyone who hasn't seen it: from the street it looks like such a lovely group of buildings, almost like an old english town, with a big gated fence, a nice "The Jim Henson Company" arch over the entrance and a huge Kermit-in-Tuxedo statue, standing on one of the entrance towers, holding a cane and tipping his hat to the world below.

We couldn't help but imagine as we stood on the street outside, all the Muppets running frantically around inside, like a backstage scene from an episode of TMS. Heh. I have no idea if there are even studios at the N. La Brea venue, or if they're just offices, but to us it was nice just seeing what looked like a little Muppet town, right in the middle of Hollywood.

Our camera phone doesn't take the best pics, particularly without having a zoom, but here's a couple of little photos anyway:
JHC01, JHC02, JHC03

NikZane

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to mention... isn't it nice to know Steve pops in to check out Muppet Central once in a while too! :smile:

(and possibley others from the JHC too I guess... "Hi guys! Keep up the great work! :wink:")

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Yes, for you Sesame Street fans - there are two real Internet connected Macs in the Fix It Shop set on the Street.
Cool! I'm on a Mac! I knew I wasn't stupid!

heh heh

later
eric

NikZane

Reaction score
You're definitely not alone Eric :smile:

(he says whilst typing into his PowerBook)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Back a day for sweeps, eh? that's a good sign! What week is sweeps week? Not a fan of Kimmel, but I'll watch just about anything to watch Muppets!

this has got to be the greatest fan site by a long shot! To actually know that what you're typing is being seen is pretty darn cool!

so, phil...how does it feel to get an e-mail like that?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
wow this place really works. i thought the stuff we were saing was all in vaine. Hey what is the e mail for the fix it shop? i would love to e mail them. :smile: