Your Thoughts: Kermit and the Muppets on Jimmy Kimmel Live

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that Statler and Waldorf were the surprise. :sleep: :boo: :sympathy:

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
i'm getting set to head on ovet to the el capitan tonight. i'll be backstage for tonight's show. can't wait!

jf

NikZane

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
No surprise Muppet last night, but maybe tonight?
I hoping that tonight, being the finally for Kermit's co-hosting, that we'll have a plethora of guest Muppets.

I can dream can't I? :big_grin:

Born2Roll

Reaction score
Muppets After Dark

I've enjoyed seeing Kermit on air lately, I only wish I wasn't in Philadelphia so that I could make a LIVE live show myself. Last night (Thursday) was the best yet because Steve seems to be really comfortable now. Kermit was a little stiff and ill at ease Monday night, but he's keeping up effortlessly now and has had some great zingers of his own (who can ever think of the "Shaft" theme the same way again?). Statler and Woldorf are STILL the ZingMasters though.

There's something that makes Kermit all the more alive when he interacts with an audience and other performers in a totally unscripted format. Tonight's show hasn't even started yet and already I've started hoping we'll be seeing more of Kerm or any Muppet again soon. I've thought up the ultimate Muppet dream-gig. Ready? Hosting Saturday Night Live. (let it sink in) How phenomenal would that be? Imagine Kermit being in every sketch and acting (and being treated) just like any other host. Not a muppet, just another bit actor. Seeing one muppet play a night's worth of characters would be hilarious. I haven't seen SNL in awhile so these scenarios are old, but imagine Miss Piggy in a Mr. Peepers sketch or Pepe playing the new cheerleader for the Spartan squad. The Newsman on Weekend Update. Someone call Lorne Michaels!

Now this post is plenty long already (it's my first though so go easy on me!), but there is one last point I'd like to make. Jim Henson never wanted to be a puppeteer for children alone. While he has certainly made the world a touch better through the magic he brought to Sesame Street, I've read that at the time he was torn about taking the job because of the fear of being pigeon-holed as kids' stuff. He certainly loved children, but he was also in love with showing the world the artistry of puppetry and taking it FAR beyond kids' birthday parties. The beautiful irony of my SNL suggestion is that Muppets were a part of that show at it's very beginnings. Basically, while I value quality programming for children, I don't think that's ever the way Jim wanted his characters to be seen. So for everyone complaining of the crassness and crudeness Kermit's being subjected to, you're welcome to your own taste in humor but I know Jim is smiling wherever he is.

... As long as there's nothing better to do at night there than watch TV, of course.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
OK, I loved it when - in tonight's episode during the "Kerminator" sketch - Kermit is beating the thug senseless and pauses to say "I call this the Rainbow Connection" before he floors the guy with an uppercut. I was in stitches! :smile:

That was possibly the best Kermit moment EVER.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I think we all know why human woman want to become groupies for the Muppets.

NikZane

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
OK, I loved it when - in tonight's episode during the "Kerminator" sketch - Kermit is beating the thug senseless and pauses to say "I call this the Rainbow Connection" before he floors the guy with an uppercut. I was in stitches! :smile:

That was possibly the best Kermit moment EVER.
The Kerminator segment was the best!! Loved the Rainbow Connection bit, Go Kermit!!!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
OK, I missed Thursday's episode AND Friday's episode.

I can't say the "ps" word so:

Crap :rolleyes:

Crap :mad:

Crap :grouchy:

All I had to do was set the timer.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Finally caught an episode last night, and boy was it funny! The "Kerminator" segment cracked me up, as did the remark about women being Muppet fan groupies. The moment I heard that line I thought, "Oh, they're gonna be talking about that one on the forum tomorrow!" The thing with the underwear was great too, especially after the commercial break when Kermit had it on.

:sleep::The guy before Jimmy Kimmel was funnier.
:boo:: Who, Bill Mahr?
:sleep:: No, Ted Koppel.

They would say that...

-Kim