vBulletin 3.0 Beta: Questions and Answers

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The templates throughout the forum should now be updated for everyone. If for some reason you see the vBulletin logo at the top of the page or any odd black/white color schemes, please post here with the exact URL and let me know what is happening.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our upgrade to vBulletin 3.0 Beta 6 is complete. This will likely be the last beta. We will then move on to release candidates with new interface graphics and any final tweaks.

The most major change in this release is the new version of our WYSIWYG editor. The new version is faster and more efficient, and has the major benefit over the old version of being compatible with recent versions of the Mozilla browser. To use the WYSIWYG editor you should be running either Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6.0, Mozilla 1.3 (or newer) or Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1 (or newer).

If you have any comments on the upgrade, please post here. Bugs can still be reported in the bug reports discussion.

smcguire

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Our upgrade to vBulletin 3.0 Beta 6 is complete. This will likely be the last beta. We will then move on to release candidates with new interface graphics and any final tweaks.
Is there any chance of getting the "Mark This Forum" read link moved up to the top of the forum pages, or is that just something that can't be changed in the new vBulletin? I've gotten used to most of the other changes, but this is one that keeps bugging me. The threads with unread messages are at the top of the forum page, usually just in the top third. When I'm done reading the ones I want, I want to mark the rest as read. It seems a bit silly to have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to do that, when everything else I need is at the top...

Otherwise, it's working pretty well.

--Scott M.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scott,

We can possibly make that change in the near future. The next release should begin the release candidate stage which will include new graphics and buttons. This should make navigation easier and clearer. Once the vB 3.0 code is finalized, we will work on some tweaks.

Thanks for the suggestion.

smcguire

Reaction score
Great, Phillip, thanks.

(I had some other UI suggestions too... they're all in my first post in this thread some time ago when MC first switched to vBulletin 3. :smile: )

--Scott M.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our upgrade to vBulletin 3.0 Beta 7 is complete. This should be the last beta. We will then move on to release candidates with new interface graphics and any final tweaks.

:smile:

If you have any comments on the upgrade, please post here. Bugs can still be reported in the bug reports discussion.