New movies coming out...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, I've never liked Bible movies. They always screw up what the Bible really says...

Bringing back a discussion from a few posts ago, could Indiana Jones be considered a Bible movie? I mean, he does go after the ark of the covenant and the Holy Grail. He says God's name in it (a shocker that the writers actually got it right), and many of the facts they used in the first and third one are correct according to the Bible. :smile:

Ah, I'm kidding! I just like causing trouble!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Scooter, can you please, please copy the text from the attachment you sent into an e-mail. I couldn't open you're attchment. Please.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
movies based on religion are iffy at best because there will be a lot of people debating if religion should be in the movies, etc....i think you all know what happens....

ryan

Beauregard

Reaction score
But then Star Wars never had any trouble did it?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hey Jamie! I just saw Finding Nemo yesterday, i'm glad you like it!!! i too also love the Knick Knack short! it amazing that it's that old! it's still very nice!!! I would think it would make the DVD as the bird one did on MonstersInc.

I found much of the movie breath taking but i think i found Monsters Inc a little more funnier. I was also hoping for a little more of the sharks but that whole sence had me cracking up!!

I can't wait for the bloopers,....they gotta do bloopers! i will defantly see it again thought!!:smile:

I guess the next movie i'd like to see soon is Bruce Almighty, i live in Buffalo so I gotta see it on the big screen!

then i'm looking forward to the new Tomb Raider flim!

by the way Disney's Brother Bear looks pretty good! a lot better then some of the junk they have made in the past years, not all of it is junk but most of it;-)The moose in that movie look like they will be a hoot and a half! and I don't know why but I want to see that new rugrat movie, i guess i should see the last one though, I did see the first one.

Zack)Rowlf the, (Angellica) "Ya know spike, not all dogs go to heaven...."Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You found Monsters funnier? I guess it's just a different type of humor. I laughed much more at this film, but enjoyed both. I understand what you mean about the sharks. They could have a movie of their own, but they were only a footnote here. Heck, Bruce was on the poster.

I found that Ellen was really the breakout character of the film. Nobody could do Dory better than she did. It's cool to remember just how funny that woman is.

Brother Bear looked rather boring. I probably won't catch that in the theater. The moose were cool, but there isn't much about the rest of the trailer that I liked. And ugh, more Phil Collins music. Can't they get Menken back?!!

I wasn't impressed with the first Tomb Raider so I'm skipping it, but there are several movies coming out that have peaked my interest. 28 Days Later, Underworld and the Order. More of the creepy sort of film, but I enjoy that sort of thing.

wolfy

Reaction score
I saw "Nemo," for my birthday,
I saw "Nemo," for my birthday...

Yeah, the kids took me to see "Nemo," and boy, am I glad!

I laughed, I cried, I gasped and I totally blew a brain cell or two during the "meet the deep sea divers" scene...for a second or two, JUST a second or two!, I SWORE Pixar had placed real human footage in with the computerized works. Brain-blowout!

Totally amazing, extremely smooth, and I can't WAIT to see "The Incredibles" in November, 2004! Thought I would fall out the chair choking with laughter when he popped his belt buckle (and I SWEAR that was John Goodman's voice!)...

I loved "Bruce." And I think it's a dedication to Spielberg's "Bruce" from "Jaws." LOVED how his eyes changed when Dory's nose got hurt...oooooh! Absolutely made chills, and lots of "uh-ohs" from the kids in the audience...

Since my 10-year-old is a lot like "Nemo," I could sympathize with Marlin a LOT, and when I looked over at my hubby during a critical part of the movie, he was doing the same thing as me...tearing up and sniffling...darn us parents, huh?

If you go, stay to the very bitter end! My family were the ONLY PEOPLE in the whole theater who stayed (and it had been packed before that), and most of the people were gone before the second screen of credits rolled around. Guess they wanted to get to their cars? I don't know...maybe the bathrooms? Couldn't be to that extremely expensive snack shop!

Got to admit...it cost us a whole $5 each to get in (so we didn't even break a $20 to enter), but to get a MEDIUM drink and a MEDUIM popcorn (which was about a 20 ounce drink with a ton of ice in it and a bag of day-old, dry popcorn with NO butter or anything on it) cost $32! We had gotten $50 from the bank to go to the show, so it actually cost me $2 more than we had budgeted for!

I swear, never get drinks or popcorn at a movie! Sheesh, what expensive crap...! But if they catch you bringing in outside stuff, you have to leave the building...(these guys are really mean where I live)...

Any-way...best movie of the summer so far..."FINDING NEMO"

See it once for fun; see it often to find hidden meanings and items!

Hey, where WAS that Planet Pizza Van? I missed it!
wolfy

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
But then Star Wars never had any trouble did it?
Actually, it did. I know several people who were "up in arms" so to speak, about Episode I supposedly having the "devil" in it. It was not good, and completely wrong.

From anything I've seen so far, it looks to me that I'll end up agreeing with both Jamie and Zack on "Nemo." Knowing my own tastes, and after seeing some of the commercials, I'll probably find Monsters Inc. to be a better movie, but thoroughly enjoy Finding Nemo. They both seem like they have a very different style of sotry-telling and humor, which is good. But, the turtle guy? I've never really been able to laugh at surfer dudes. They seem like the type of comedy you fall back on when you're stuck. That and drunkeness, but, that I find funny. :wink:

wolfy

Reaction score
Ah, Scooter, you may find you like the "surfer dude" turtle in the long run...there's no real "haha" funny stuff about him; it's Squirt and his friends who are funny, and they aren't really "surfer dudes" (at least, not yet).

Besides, what kind of trouble can a 150 year old "surfer" get into, anyway? (You'll have to see the movie to know what I mean!)

As for Episode I and the "devil," are you referring to "Darth Maul?"

Good heavens, what some people will do...

That's like the AFI saying that "Regan" from "The Exorcist" is a VILLAIN in the "100 Years of Heroes and Villains" because she was possessed by the devil.

Regan wasn't the villain...Satan was! Poor Regan was a young girl who happened to be the pawn of the devil, it's plaything so to speak, so she couldn't help what she was doing, so Satan was the villain. Amazing how many of these AFI got wrong the other night...both hero- and villain-wise...
wolfy (who thinks there should have been 100 heroes and 100 villains)