What is WRONG with some people?

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Right now I am furious!:mad: (William & Katie...you know why because you saw my rant on Facebook & responded.So you can skip this if you want.) A couple in California left their 7 month old daughter asleep in their car for 13 hours and the poor little baby died!:cry: The two idiots thought that the other had the baby! HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET? I apologize for "yelling"(typing in all capital letters Online is considered "yelling" & rude) But this is horrible! The couple has a 2 year old who is now in protective custody so thank goodness for that. The couple said it was an "accident". An "accident"? An accident is when you forgot to pick up your car up at the mechanic at 4 and now the mechanic is CLOSED!"Accident" my BUTT!:mad:
You all know I'm not nasty,right? But (as you know) I don't/can't have kids. And it hurts me to know that a baby or child was killed due to a parent's stupidness.If I could have kids I'd treat them like gold! I LOVE my 2 nieces & nephew with all my heart! (I may have grumbled about the way my 3 year old niece was behaving last month.But hey!I still love her!)
Kathy

Drtooth

Reaction score
HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET?
Do you know the sad part? Those people could win parent of the year compared to some of the sheer idiocy (and sometimes downright evil hatefulness) of certain parents. I can tell you horror stories, but I don't want to bring any up. And of course I can bring up the whole, If you want to adopt a baby, you need to be tested and interviewed about how capable you are, and you have to fill the requirements and certain backwards thinking excludes certain loving couples but ANY idiot can just have a baby debate, but I don't wanna go there either.

If this is indeed true (and I wouldn't doubt it), they are either dangerously unfit, incredibly stupid, insanely frantic, or any combination of all three. 1 hour, 2 hours... 3 if you're not all that bright I can see. But that long without realizing you don't have a loud, screaming, pooping, babbling thing like a baby? "Gee it's been awfully quite. Better take that as a sign nothing is wrong."

9 times out of 10, silence is WORSE than a loud commotion as far as things happening.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What I want to know is what WRONG with the WORLD these days?

Why are people going on shooting/raping/killing/burglary sprees lately? Why are teenagers strangling themselves/setting themselves on fire/making homemade bombs out of baking soda/beating the crap out of each other and posting it all on YouTube? Why are young girls being pressured into s l u t t i f y i n g themselves and losing their virginity before they've even reached the legal age of adulthood? Why do young boys make it a point to bed as many girls are possible thinking it gives them a good reputation? Why are people making babies, then having them aborted when they shouldn't have been horsing around in the first place? Why is it now considered acceptable for little kids to swear?

Why has it come to all of this? How much worse are things going to get in the decades to come?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why are people going on shooting/raping/killing/burglary sprees lately?
No police... we (and by we I mean certain politicians) wasted all the budget on a certain you know what that's been going on almost 8 years and one that went on 10 that I can't mention. And of course, if people want the police, they're gonna have to pay taxes, and NO ONE feels they need to. Basically, what's REALLY wrong is the entitlement of people who whine and moan about having to pay for the very same things that protect them and save their lives. We have bad food in school cafeterias, fire stations closing left and right, police getting downsized and more and more crooks and fires and emergencies and people keep whining about the deficit that the current president didn't cause and can't do anything about. We can't raise taxes (especially for the rich, who will pay government to make sure that they keep those tax cuts), we can spend any more deficit, and people are sitting their with monkey faces wondering why there's so much crime going unsolved and undone. Yes, I know there's all this big evil "wasteful spending" that no one magically cared about for 8 years, but now is a big problem that a left wing guy is sort of in charge. Again, I'm not a fan of either side... you just do NOT wage war without raising taxes. Watch the Donald Duck cartoon Spirit of 41. That's what I think about that.

Why are teenagers strangling themselves/setting themselves on fire/making homemade bombs out of baking soda/beating the crap out of each other and posting it all on YouTube?
What I can't get is how come the "terms of violation" don't include killing, hurting, name calling, maiming, and basically recreating a certain MTV show where people pulled the same crap... and how those videos don't get taken down half as fast as a big scary evil CoPyRiGhT InFrInGeMeNt!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Look..I didn't mean to cause WW 3 in here. Ed or one of the mods..feel free to delete the thread OK? I'm sorry.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Look..I didn't mean to cause WW 3 in here. Ed or one of the mods..feel free to delete the thread OK? I'm sorry.
I don't see how it's WW3 if everyone's generally agreeing with each other.

But to get back to your point, there is a sense of greed and entitlement that really kept growing in the last decade, and it caused everything to basically collapse. And while I would say politically, it causes misplaced dissatisfaction, to tie in to your main point, it causes quite a bit of stupidity on the general public as well.

There are a lot of parents that are either dangerously unfit, or just incapable of raising children, like the couple in question here. And I really think a lot of parents want guilt free work free parenting, and that leads to poorly raised latchkey kids of greedy parents (though there are a lot of single or just really poor parents that have no choice but to have their kids come home). But there's that noisy percent that whines about how their kids are fat, violent, and ill mannered. People that think kids come out neurosurgeons and lawyers without actually saying "No! You can't stuff your face with french fries" or "I'm not giving you an adult's only video game! For one thing, you're 8!" They want to make sure there's no conflict with the children and blame video game companies and fast food mascots for their entitled greedy ill-mannered children.

Child raising is work. It's a commitment. Sometimes no matter how hard you work and you do everything correctly things don't turn out great. i understand. But at least try!

Katzi428

Reaction score
I don't see how it's WW3 if everyone's generally agreeing with each other.

But to get back to your point, there is a sense of greed and entitlement that really kept growing in the last decade, and it caused everything to basically collapse. And while I would say politically, it causes misplaced dissatisfaction, to tie in to your main point, it causes quite a bit of stupidity on the general public as well.

There are a lot of parents that are either dangerously unfit, or just incapable of raising children, like the couple in question here. And I really think a lot of parents want guilt free work free parenting, and that leads to poorly raised latchkey kids of greedy parents (though there are a lot of single or just really poor parents that have no choice but to have their kids come home). But there's that noisy percent that whines about how their kids are fat, violent, and ill mannered. People that think kids come out neurosurgeons and lawyers without actually saying "No! You can't stuff your face with french fries" or "I'm not giving you an adult's only video game! For one thing, you're 8!" They want to make sure there's no conflict with the children and blame video game companies and fast food mascots for their entitled greedy ill-mannered children.

Child raising is work. It's a commitment. Sometimes no matter how hard you work and you do everything correctly things don't turn out great. i understand. But at least try!
You're right (and I apologize for thinking that WW3 was going to erupt)
Yeah...some parents are nut jobs. And like you said about some kids,they want things that aren't really for their age. Here's a perfect example:my 10 year old niece.Her parents are divorced but she still sees her dad (my brother) on alternate weekends.She wants a cell phone and claims:"A first grader in my school has one." My brother isn't believing that & neither is my former sister in law. My brother is a normal father. My former sister in law is normal as well. My older brother got remarried in 2005 & they have my 3 year old niece. They seem to be raising her well (although in a thread on here I thought she was a bit spoiled.But she's 3,so hopefully that's just MY opinion) I have a younger brother who used to act like you know what on Earth! When I found out he got his girlfriend pregnant I was scared for the GF & the soon to be born baby because I knew how my younger brother's temper was. Surprise on ME! He's very good to his girlfriend and his son!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, my brother-in-law wasn't exactly thrilled that my mom gave my niece (who's the same age, BTW) a cell phone for Christmas last year.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Yeah, my brother-in-law wasn't exactly thrilled that my mom gave my niece (who's the same age, BTW) a cell phone for Christmas last year.
Makes you wonder why kids want to grow up so quickly huh?

Convincing John

Reaction score
When kids get cell phones, some of them know how to use them right, but there are some kids who will do what Bart Simpson did and either crank call people or try to call Australia just to see if the water goes clockwise down the toilet.

If parents don't want phone bills with massive long distance charges from who-knows-where, they should wait a while before giving the kid a cell phone.

As for that couple who left their baby in the car...I hope the judge threw the book at 'em. It's just a sadness beyond words when someone does something like that. It's the same thing for pets. People do that to their dogs, unfortunately. Their lives are worth something, too!

I can only hope the baby went quietly and painlessly.

What is wrong with some people? That's a big question. I've lived in a lot of places and each place, some people do things that shock and horrify me.

I can give you one example. I used to live in a town that had a lot of problems with its school system. Among many many problems, this school turned a blind eye towards the use of corporal punishment. Yes, kids from junior high on up in this town got harmed physically (as well as verbally).

We're not talking about paddling or a simple (literal) slap on the wrist. We're talking about punching and hitting. You read that right...teachers punching and hitting students.

One teacher got away with this for 31 years before he retired. One time, the student showed his bruises to his parents (and their lawyer) and still the teacher weaseled his way out of getting fired. (How, I don't know).

Another teacher had a different signature move. One student came to class a minute late. The teacher took two fingers and jammed them into the student's collarbone, making him sink to the floor in pain. The teacher didn't say a word. He just stood there, expressionless, like Lurch from "The Addams Family" and continued to press his fingers in.

Oh yes, this guy was also the vice principal...who got away with it for about 30 years before he retired.

Why didn't he get the axe? Well, he was also a coach, a status which made him very popular in that town. See, the town advertised itself through sports. The coach/vice principal had a lot of victory games during his career. The coach coached the althletes, which made the school look good which made the town look good.

Another teacher (yet another coach) got away with a lot of physical and verbal abuse as well... He had even more pull than the vice principal and what happened? The high school tore down and rebuilt the gym and dedicated it to him. He was (and still is) hailed a hero. The town refuses to see that the emperor has no clothes. Speaking of emperor, the man was very much a "Senator Palpatine". The scene in "Revenge of the Sith" where the entire Senate cheers him as the Galactic Empire is born? It was the same thing with this guy and the gym dedication.

Why haven't the police done anything? Well, the rumblings were that the vice principal (plus others) was good friends with the cops...plus the cops were a mixture of Chief Wiggums and Barney Fifes who are too busy with something else: enforcing the curfew. Yes, this town had (maybe still has) an 11PM curfew for anyone under 21.

See, the town is mainly run by a lot of senior citizens who basically see younger people (teenagers in particular) as vermin. Instead of looking for drunk drivers/concentrating on crime, the cops cruise the streets constantly, looking for anyone under 21 to scrutinize.

One day, an old woman was out driving in this town, jumped the curb and rammed into a "No Parking" sign, bending it over. She was parked...two wheels on the curb, two off. No one mentioned a thing about it.

A couple nights later, a teenage girl (in the same town) was going home after work. It was 11:05PM. On the way home, the cops pulled over and she got a fine...for being outside of her home after curfew. Her crime? Going home after work. There was no bus in that town and she didn't have a car. She had to walk home.

There's an old bum who has lived in the town for about 50 years who rides his bicycle right down the middle of the street, looking for soda cans to put in his basket. he has no concept of left or right. To him, the street is the street. He's oblivious to the traffic that has narrowly missed him for years. It's dangerous both to him and the drivers. He wanted breakfast one morning, so he wandered into someone's home and just started eating the food out of some couple's fridge.

Have the cops done anything about him? Nope.

Meanwhile, a coffee house/internet cafe opened, then was quickly shut down because it didn't appeal to the senior citizens. According to them, it just "wasn't necessary". The real reason it shut down is that it was something for the teenagers to do...which was frowned upon.

That's just a mere sample of what I could really tell.

That's why I really appreciate people who actually have a brain in their head and see things for how they really are. I appreciate those even more who don't get bogged down by all the negativity in the world and can do something positive. That's one of the big reasons I admire Jim so much. It gave me hope that there were people out there in the world with the same type of attitude as him...a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.

Convincing John