The International Muppet Show

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Alex and Danny,

Orange/Brown - Confirmed, Jerry done this at ATV Studios.

Pink/Black - Confirmed, Jerry done this at TOTP Studios.

Is it possible that someone else performed Robin for the Blue/Purple version ?

Look at Robin in the pic, It looks like a smaller hand is inside him, Also look at the detail on the carpet.
There seems to be more detail on the Blue/Purple version, And not so much on the Orange/Brown.

I think this might be the case.

:crazy:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think that Sweetums' mouth was spring loaded at times. Like when Richard would run in the screen test, it looked like the mouth just kind of bobbed up and down. When he needed to talk he would just move his head back and forth thus shaking the mouth and moving it. Of course when he wasn't moving around that much the mouth was probably hand opporated.

Don Music

Reaction score
i think Wiggy's right. Seems like all of the full-body characters have those springy mouths, and when there is obviously a hand operating the mouth one of their arms is just dangling. I watched the Ruth Buzzy episode recently & watched Sweetums go back & forth from working mouth to working arm. The eyes are still a mystery to me though... both eyes move & both eyelids go up & down separately.

Hey Twiddlebug - This is totally off all of the subjects, but since you're here... I've seen posts inquiring about you being in a band & wondered what the scoop was. Is this true? Do you tour? Are there recordings we can get our grubby little hands on? I'd love to hear what you're doing.

-Eric

Ryan

Reaction score
I think the eyes controls are in the lower jaw of the puppets. This would make the most sense. This way, They could move the mouth and the eys at the same time. This of course is just a guess. :concern:

T

Twiddlebug

Sweetums eyes. Nice guessing but they were done by remote control. This was not always the case...In The Frog Prince you may notice that Sweetums eyes glow. I know this because I performed him in the epic (though not the voice. That was done by a Canadian actor.I don't remember his name) and at some point we were taking a break and I just sat down on the set (dungeon) with the head on and someone forgot to turn off the lights. (That's probably why they call me a hot head) The eyes, because of the heat melted and had to be replaced but if memory serves they didn't have time to rewire the eyes, so no more glow.

Since I am unable to see this mysterious third tape I can offer no further assistance except to say, There were two or three Robins and that third tape may be one that was done earlier on that same day.
I'm quite sure no one else did that bit. If there is another Fest you can bring the tape and put it on the screen for everyone to take a guess. :sing:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Jerry

I thought there are remote control - who usually performs the eye's ? :smile:

Have you heard anything of a second fest ? - as I couldn't go to the first one :cry:

See ya

MuppetDanny

Ryan

Reaction score
Originally posted by Twiddlebug
Sweetums eyes. Nice guessing but they were done by remote control. This was not always the case...In The Frog Prince you may notice that Sweetums eyes glow. I know this because I performed him in the epic (though not the voice. That was done by a Canadian actor.I don't remember his name)
Thanks, Jerry. His name was Carl Banas, right? :crazy:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Ok I think I missed something. Twiddlebug's name is Jerry and he performed Sweetums in a muppet production, is he Jerry Nelson?:sing:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I hope there is another MuppetFest, This time i AM going !

No ifs or buts !

:big_grin: :cool: :sing: :flirt: :halo:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Is Jerry Nelson on this board? That's interesting. I'm also wondering if "Mr Oz," is Frank Oz? I don't think so, because he'd probably have an avatar of Miss Piggy or Fozzie rather than Gonzo, but I have been wondering about that.