The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

ISNorden

Reaction score
Muppet Cowboy X--anyone else seen him?

Sometime in the late 80s/early 90s, I distinctly recall Cowboy X appearing as a Large Lavender Live Hands puppet, along with a separate Cowboy O Muppet who looked similar except for the letter on his hat. The plot of their episode centered on a dispute: each cowboy wanted to tag everything on Sesame Street with his trademark, much as the original cartoon vandal did. One of the adult humans (Susan or Maria, I think) ended the dispute by teaching the cowboys to cooperate; they could each mark an X or an O by playing tic-tac-toe on a huge piece of paper. (In fact, I could swear Elmo piped up with "Tic-tac-toe!" when the sponsors were announced offscreen at the end...) Does anyone else remember this episode, especially other details of the cowboy characters?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
The Muppet Cowboy X was basically doing the same thing just like the 1 in the cartoon, putting X's everywhere and they decided to try to have him put X's where they should be.

There was no Cowboy O in the street skit, or at least not that I recall.

ISNorden

Reaction score
At least two episodes had the Muppet version of Cowboy X in them...one probably followed the plot Mike described, but the other one definitely included a dispute with a Muppet Cowboy O. (Without him, the conflict over letters and the tic-tac-toe compromise wouldn't have made sense!)

ISNorden

Reaction score
Another is a scene with Buffy singing a song to Oscar that went "Doodily, doodily, doodily, doodily, yuckity, yuckity, yuckity, yuckity...". Oscar was getting into the song, until Buffy changed the lyrics to "kissedy, kissedy, kissedy, kissedy, huggity, huggity, huggity, huggity...", much to Oscar's chagrin.
That reminds me, I was wondering where they got the scene for the H in that 25th anniversary alphabet montage? Buffy probably wasn't acting on Sesame Street after Elmo's debut, but the lyrics you quoted remind me of that scene. (Oscar was very out-of-character there, holding Elmo and saying "Huggity hug hug hug...") Has anyone else seen that Oscar/Elmo moment in its original context?

Avalon

Reaction score
Segment Search (Longshot): Oscar plays Japanese drums

Hi everyone. I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out.

I recently saw, in a presentation, a video clip of Oscar playing Japanese drums while wearing a coat similar to what taiko groups normally wear. I've been able to find next to no information about when this was aired; all I know is that the segment also featured Oscar talking with a member of the group (Alan Okada, from Soh Daiko in NYC).

Given that I don't know the season, or episode, or anything really, I know it's a HUGE longshot, but even still I thought I'd send it out there, see if someone might have a clue to point me in some sort of direction in what is probably going to turn into a wild goose chase.

Thanks!

Avalon

Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

I've actually already came across that one, and have a mpg of it. Admittedly, it's quite a bit easier to track down. :stick_out_tongue:

The Oscar segment looks to be one filmed on location, rather than a studio-based on like the Grover segment. Unfortunately, I've only seen it projected on a screen (on a DVD, at that). I'll try to see if I can get a screenshot or something.

jsykes1

Reaction score
Was there a scene where someone randomly shakes a black girls foot or shakes her shoe off?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Okay- I'm looking for any episodes of Sesame Street featuring this character.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Old_McDougal

I recall the sketches mentioned on the Wiki page, but if I remember correctly I also recall seeing an episode as a child in the 1980s with him in the street scenes. Does anyone else concur with that?:confused::eek::search:

Viewaskewbian

Reaction score
I Don't Want to Live On The Moon

So, with all the hoopla around the 40th I was reminded of a lot of Sesame Street from my youth and went out to pick up the Old School sets and ordered the new DVD release for next week. However, it seems to me that none of these releases have my favorite Sesame Clip: I Don't Want to Live On The Moon. In the booklet for Old School Vol. 2 it mentions the song but it doesn't seem to appear on the DVD. Where can I find this clip other then Youtube?

Thank you