Songs of Fragglia (An FR Lexicon)

Redsonga

Reaction score
Mmm... Sounds like Boober to me. Enjoying seeing this develop, please post more when you can. *Boober Sigh smilie.
I'm glad you like it :smile:. I know most of my ideas are made up but I like to think they still make sense:excited:.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh yes, they do, and I like the way it's all so thought out! And that's right, Boober is the smallest of the fraggle 5, isn't he? Maybe he has some history with the isggles? BTW, I just noticed when you got to the isggles, but each name ends in the same way, like it has the same root word.

Excited about the update; more soon please!
:smirk:
:coy:
:excited:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Merggle (The Ocean fraggles)
Motto:
"The world begins again in the Tree of Life."

Other Fraggles' Comments on the Merggles:
"They have fins? Really?"

Main lower rock clan: Unknown
Clan Sizes: Medium (100-200)
Under: Nearly every ocean and salt water pocket in the world, but mostly the Pacific.
Height: Short to Medium
Muzzle: Varied
Swimming: Necessary for life.
Talent: Ecology

The most striking features of the Merggles are webbed fin like fingers, lack of body fur, and impressive tails which make up nearly half their body length. As a race, they must not be far from water for more than an hour or they risk dying. Closely resembling the mermaids we humans know from legends (for good reason), they are also (because of their sheer number), the type of fraggle most often seen by humans. They are also the type least seen by other fraggles as few have gills like they do, (and for all their love of swimming, hardly any others ever travel into open waters or hidden salt water ponds).

When anyone comes to know what the Merggle use their true talent for they might think that the race is very serious, but this is far from the truth. In fact the fraggle kind whose unknowing job links most closely with the magic is actually the...um..least intelligent of them all, and very silly. Their minds are only large enough to contain one emotion at birth, which then becomes the one ruling feature of how they view life and their personality.

None the less, it is their talent for turning the waters under the worlds many fraggle rocks with their tails that tempers the magic, keeping it flowing, and the plants above growing just so. As such Merggles are very in touch with the balance of nature and the first to feel if anything should go wrong above or below water.
A Tree of Life (often a type of Banyan, to use a human name) is the center of a tribes' meeting place, and besides purifying their waters, serves as a nesting grounds, where every Merggle begins and ends life, never traveling more than a few miles from home if it can be helped.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh yes, they do, and I like the way it's all so thought out! And that's right, Boober is the smallest of the fraggle 5, isn't he? Maybe he has some history with the isggles? BTW, I just noticed when you got to the isggles, but each name ends in the same way, like it has the same root word.

Excited about the update; more soon please!
He is a isggle :smile:. And they are all based on the same root word but that comes later...
I'm glad you like them, everything has to be just so because these details run under how my FR works and most of the fraggle fives history as it gets written down. My notepad document is crazy :eek:. Even though most of it is made up, it is all based on real things and tiny details from the series and grew from there:excited:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Which, in my opinion, is the best way to do things, basing them on reality and small details from the show.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Would like to see this continued. Please? :halo:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Eep! I totally forgot, I've been working so hard on To Sing and Winds and The Chronicles of Golden Apple (working title)..Another part is almost edited and readable :3 *pats text file of DOOM*

Redsonga

Reaction score
Ripaggle (The River Fraggle)

Motto: "Water is life, with life we go."
Other Fraggles' Comments on the Ripaggle:
"'Swim as well as one and you'll have something to brag a'bout.."

Main eastern rock clan: The underground river Bongo*
Clan Sizes: Large (900-1000)
Under: Mainly India, with the main river running from the Arabian Sea to the Red Sea.
Height: Short
Muzzle: Rounded
Swimming: Loved, necessary for life every five days.
Talent: Communication

The clearest unique feature of the Ripapple is their apparent lack of eyes. What appears to be plain skin over the eye area is actually a specially evolved 3rd eyelid that protects their otherwise very fragile eyes from dehydration when journeying outside water.
One of the more intelligent types of fragglius, they know many languages, and are also credited with inventing the very first glasses in all the Fraggle Rocks ages ago, to help with their poor eyesight on land.

Cut off from nearly every other type of their cousin races, the Ripaggle have been ruled by a single fraggle called King Sweeny for three generations. Highly self-righteous and claiming to only be following a more ancient Rule of The Rock, their ruler enforces a heavy handed cast system as well as strict guidelines from songs and games.
More than anything, this has worn away at the Ripaggles' cheerful natures, giving rise to normally human customs such as jail, slavery, and true theft, which in turn has led to their everyday use of locks.
Many Ripaggle dream of traveling to other fraggle lands to sing freely, but are kept in home waters by horrible tales of sea monsters lurking just beyond the ruins of the king's subterranean castle (Which, for all his slaves hard work, being made by fraggles, never was anything but a ruin.)

Ripaggles all seem to share a bewildering attachment to cows, often chancing the dangers of being near humans if it means getting within petting distance of one.

Footnote: * Mention of the king and places in this entry can be found in the episode "Home Is Where the Trash Is."

RedPiggy

Reaction score
You continue to come up with fascinating Fragglian relatives.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Solggle (The Sun Fraggles)

Motto: "Travel lite, reach high, sing of your heart."

Other Fraggles' Comments on the Solggle:
"Good thing they don't like getting together much, the caves might not be able to take it..."

Main rock clan: None
Clan Sizes: Unknown
Under: (Historically) South Africa
Height: Tall
Muzzle: Pointed
Swimming: Liked
Talent: Spirituality

One of the oldest types of fragglius it is unclear if the Solggles height and appearance is a sign of all that the fragglus has evolved from or what they are slowly growing to be again (by fraggle logic, which is not very helpful or clear to start with). The tallest of all fragglius, the Solggle have pronounced ear stalks, the male versions of which are flexible at hatching and (unlike female stalks) grow harder with age. Historic paintings often picture all of their kind with long curled horns decorated with hanging feathers, but the truth in those stories is uncertain.

The Solggle are well known nomads by nature, roomered to travel in caravans of no more than twelve, and hardly ever staying in one place for more than a year.
Rarely, when a family group, (or more often a single Solggle), does choose to settle in a certain place, their uncanny ability to compensate for whatever is lacking in, and add balance to, the already present fragglius culture around them is almost overpowering at first.
Driven by their kinds strong sense of inner faith in fulfilling a personal life mission and being 'useful', a single Solggle can be a force for great or less than savory good in the areas of the arts, religion, healing, or even material advancements.

Since they are often very self-indulgent at best and overly passionate about their own missions at worst, most Solggle prefer to life mate other types of fragglius. For this reason, pure Solggle are very rare. Although, two sharing the same life mission in such a way as to understand one another and mate is not unheard of (the subject is a popular element in most classical fraggle romance literature)...

Solggle all share a strong sense of empathy with the magic of the many Fraggle Rocks and pray to it daily, choosing a single favorite object to serve as a sort of 'altar'. They are very fond of the sun, seeing it as the physical embodiment of this magical power. Myth has it that the Solggle first grew so tall, in fact, just trying touch it...