Ask Ken at Palisades

Blinky

Reaction score
I hate to beat a dead horse and if this has been discussed before I apologize but has any more thought been given to making the next two con exclusives more widely available to collectors. At first I didn't really care but now that I have the figures I am really impressed and would like to all of them, even if it is only a repaint. I was fortunate enough to get the Dr Teeth exclusive but I am not looking forward to paying outrageous Ebay prices for Beaker and Animal, especially now that the line is out and the fan base is going to be expanded well beyond this community.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
About exclusives...
We are currently collecting names and addresses to figure out what we should do or could do for people who can't go to the shows and get the exclusives. Please send name and address if ou are interested in getting a VC Beaker or any other exclusive to:

residentlilly2@comcast.net

This is not a guarantee you can buy direct from us...this is just a way to gauge interest. Then I or Mike will let people here and on other boards know what we are gonna do.

Questions/Answers:

1. Now Ken, please tell me you have or had access to that great 'The Muppet Show' 190 page illustrated book from 1978 that recaps all of the first 2 series? The book is a nice dovetail to the figures, as I have never seen the Muppets more beautifully captured on paper.

I don't have that. Who wants to tell me where I can buy one?

2. Now what's this I hear about a possible Koozebane playset??? What would this come with, a male and female Koozebane and a phoob?

Still designing it, so what she comes with is still in the air...but it is scheduled to come out with Series 5.

3. IS there any plans for other mini lunchboxes, or any other Muppet stuff from Palisades?

Other Muppet stuff is in discussion. New lunchboxes depends on sales of the first two.

4. If I send you an e-mail through this website will you get it?

Yes.

5. If Series One sells through pretty quickly do you think that you minght do a second run, or is that just out of the question.

No second run. WIth all the variations of the main characters, it would make more sense to let the line sell out and concentrate on getting Series 2 out.

6. When does production on Series Two start I cant wait to get them!

Production on Series 2 will start in a few weeks.

7. I am still taken aback by my Dr. Teeth repaint I absolutely love him. Is that cumberbund handpainted cause it sure looks like it. My fav part of him has to be that awesome green and black feather! Kudos to you on this one.

He is ALL hand painted. Since it was a small run the sampling team at the factory painted them. They were not done on the production line. They tend to be little "looser" if you compare them to the regular Teeth, and all the sash's are different because there was no spray masking.

8. Have you found anyone to take the Floyd repaint as an exclusive?

None at present. But he doesn't have to come out same time as Series 2. We may start staggering the exclusives anyway. Make it easier on your wallet.

5. Will we get to see who won the mail in contest that you guys held?

Mike? You back in the groove after licensing show? You know the answer to that I think.

6. Finally, know when we might see series 3 sculpt pix?

I'll send them to Philip a day or two before the SDCC. Then they will be shown to the public there.

Ken

Blinky

Reaction score
Ken
Thank you for the quick reply, you are probably the hardest working man in the Toy Biz.

pierat

Reaction score
Ken,

Just a thought... When selling exclusives to out of the way folks such as Wizard who will only buy a relatively small # of figures anyway, couldn't you suggest to them allowing for mail order folks even pre-order prior to event. Sure they could charge us an extra 5 to 10 dallors per exclusive figure and you could probably sell them an extra hundred at least in the start. Plus if it really worked out well possibly in the hundreds each time they hold future events and purchase your exclusives. Not just on muppet show figures either that would be for all Palisades exclusives you might want to sell them. The bottom line is there will always be more people that want these toys that the few hundred that go to the shows why not get the most of your efforts for all parties involved.

Just a thought, (chucks 2 cents in the fountain)

GWGumby

Reaction score
Muppet Show Book

Ken

I have the Muppet Show Book and it is absolutely gorgeous. It has some of the finest illustration ever for the Muppets. Here's the specific details:

* "The Muppet Show Book" (1978)
Layout and illustrations by Tudor Banus
Muppet Press/Harry N. Abrams, Inc.
ISBN: 0-8109-1328-3

You can find some more detail on this site: http://www.muppetcentral.com/collectibles/muppets/books.shtml

Anyway, the book is out of print, but fairly easily obtainable through places like ebay and half.com. I searched at Amazon where it was being sold at some of their "Z-Shops" for much higher prices.

I highly recommend getting ahold of this book, as it is really well done and could stand as valuable reference material. Just do some looking around on-line or see if someone here has an extra copy. (No way I'm giving up mine, unless you really made it worth my trouble!)

Good luck,

GWGumby

FER SURE

Reaction score
Ken-

Do you have the SKN or SKU number for the TRU Tux Kermit. I have been calling all the local TRU and asking if they had them in. Today they tell me they wont carry them cause they have "been stared out". When I asked what this means the girl told me that it meant there was an asteric in some field in their system. I hope this doesnt mean that they wont carry the Tux Kermit.

radionate

Reaction score
Re: Ken-

Originally posted by FER SURE
Do you have the SKN or SKU number for the TRU Tux Kermit. I have been calling all the local TRU and asking if they had them in. Today they tell me they wont carry them cause they have "been stared out". When I asked what this means the girl told me that it meant there was an asteric in some field in their system. I hope this doesnt mean that they wont carry the Tux Kermit.
I ventured into TRU today, and they hadn't gotten them in yet. SIGH. The women had no idea what I was talking about, but looked them up for me. She gave me a SKU number that anyone call use at any TRU to find out if they are in. It is 531281. Just call TRU and give that to them to find out if they were in. She didn't know about the exclusive or anything, and thanked me for the heads up. She said they hadn't even hit the warefouse yet, which suprised me as Memphis is the shipping hub for a great part of the country. Go figure

FER SURE

Reaction score
radionate

531281 is the SKN number I have been using. That is the number for just the regular assortment as I understand it. With my local store telling me that they wont carry them I was wondering if there is a sepreate number for the Tux Kermit. If not this means that my local store might not carry tux kermit either.

radionate

Reaction score
The only Pallisades Muppet stuff in the computer were the lab plaset, and the figures. I just assumed that the tux Kermit would be included with them. They didn't have a seperate SKN number for him.:confused:

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
The only Pallisades Muppet stuff in the computer were the lab plaset, and the figures. I just assumed that the tux Kermit would be included with them. They didn't have a seperate SKN number for him.:confused:
Do you know if each individual regular figure was listed in the computer, or just the figures in general? If the number was just for the entire assortment, then perhaps we can just assume Tux Kermit will be included, since if I remember correctly TRU's are receiving cases with a different ratio than those shipped to smaller retailers.