Fraggle Rock fanfic: Song Of A Midnight Place

Redsonga

Reaction score
*Hee* So glad everyone likes it...
I just want to say that I'm sorry before I post the next part, I am not good at all at writing Jr so you might have to picture it as the words in his voice having his 'accent' yourself :3. I hope that is okay :smile:.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
*singing ala the Between the Lions chorus* And this is why it's called a cliff hanger! ^_^

But, as all have said before me, more please! We need to know more about why Mokey is missing, why Boober is stuck in a rut regarding his possible relationship with Mokey, why Wembley is now embroiled in childcare duty, why Red still has to tell Gobo that...special something she needed to tell him, and why the Trash Heap has somewhat of an important part in all of this Fraggle madness!

*uncharacteriscally bouncing up and down*

Redsonga

Reaction score
The giant glass jar rocketed into the air and flipped over on its own accord by means of a pulley and wire, sending Boober crashing onto what was now its' 'floor' as a strong piece of metal screen slid over the top to form a lid.

Red scampered away scotch free around the side pathway to one side of the well, as the sound of huge footsteps drew closer.

"Well, well, well. If this isn't a pleasant surprise. If it isn't the well spoken Ornithorhynchus Fragglius specimen 397." A high mild mannered voice remarked.

The figure that loomed near had light purple skin and a mop of tan hair the texture of yard worn back in a single ponytail. A pair of glasses framed her wide nose, making her magnified blue eyes appear to be twice their normal size as she reached to get a pencil and notebook from behind her ear.

All and all, she was a very typical looking grog, the white sundress she was wearing adorned here and there with far too many pearls to mark her as anything short of a future overseer of The Universe.

"Let's see…my my my, your last check up was over six months ago 397, that just won't be satisfactory. I will have to start a compete a compete analyze again from the top."

Boober groaned from where he was now sitting cross legged on the jar floor.

"Can't we just not do it and say that we did?" He shouted up hopefully.

"No no no, I won't have my research paper based on anything but the most accurate first hand documentation."

The grog slid away the wire topping, reaching in to grab a very unhappy looking Boober, tucking him security against her body with an arm as she used both hands to write.

"Let me see now, male of early maturity…My my my, do you creatures have limited life-spans! Honestly, what respectable creature lives to be less than three hundred years old?... Of the long haired sub-genus of fragglius, originating in the cooler climate of the northern Fraggle Rock…"

"This is so demeaning…" Boober remarked as he was placed in a small cage upon a table filled with charts and beakers and a gigantic microscope.

"Not at all! Why, this is civilized!" The grog said, waving her pencil at him. "This is science!"

"Ow!" Boober yelped as the grog plucked a sample of his body fur with tweezers the size of a small tree.

"Honestly, would you rather I was chasing after you with a club like some dim witted barbarian?"

"Honesty, yes!" The fraggle shouted back, but his answer was drown out by another voice twenty times louder.

"Missy! Missy, I can't find my shoe!" Came the childlike whimper.

Missy Grog rolled her eyes with a sigh and yelled back in a well practiced harsher tone that bought to mind an Outer Space big-rig truck driver.

"Did you check under your bed?"

"Aw, there it is! Golly Missy, you're so smart. No wonder we're get'n married when our mommies and daddies get back from that grog gathering."

The furry form of Jr. Grog, taller than his female companion by at least a foot, stood in the doorway of the castle dreamily, wearing a princely shirt of blue and green velvet with puffed sleeves and pair of shiny black shoes.

"How do I look?" He asked in playful tone.

"Like a well dressed monkey." She replied.

"Why, thank you! You look nice to..Could you help me put on my sash?"

The smaller grog took off her glasses, rubbing the bridge of her nose in exhaustion before going up to start tying the many decorations onto Jr's outfit.

"Let me make one thing perfectly clear..." She said between her cliched jaw.

"The only reason I'm marring you is because you’re the only male within a lifetimes' travel of my own family in the universe..." She added, tying the knot a bit too tight.

"If I wasn't a true lady of breeding I would be telling you to take your wedding and…"

"Aw, Missy." Jr cut her off turning to kiss her on the nose. "I love you to!"

The young grog turned back to her examination of Boober, her right eye twitching ever so slightly.

"Now little fragglius, it's time to take your temperature…"

"Nooo! Anything but that!" Boober wailed. "Red, Mokey, heeeelp!"

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Aww, poor Boober! XD
Awesome segment. Keep it coming. =3

Although I can't help but noticed that you repeatedly spelled "gorg" wrong.
At first I thought it was just another of your spelling errors, but you spelled it "grog" every single time. :confused:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey! New character! Missy Gorg, you shall make a fine addition to the rest of those already in our hallowed fanfic pantheon. Just don't let her near Misty Pepper and Pepe, or the prawn will never know which one of the two "missys" he's talking to.
Oh... More please.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Interesting Gorg character ... a few IQ points above the ones we know, huh? Poor Junior... :big_grin:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Two great additions! Missy is an interesting character, I like her. And now Red and Mokey both off to see the Trash Heap. And good old Boober...he's just so Boober!

Must read more!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Aww, poor Boober! XD
Awesome segment. Keep it coming. =3

Although I can't help but noticed that you repeatedly spelled "gorg" wrong.
At first I thought it was just another of your spelling errors, but you spelled it "grog" every single time. :confused:
It is a spelling error...The reason I always spell things like that wrong over and over is because I have have some dyslexia and a learning disability...So when I transpose letters I stick to it gosh darn it:coy: !

The Count might be able to help me unscramble them though :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If you want to, yes, I can fix it But here's how I deal with this.
1 After a bit of grumblings when I started as moderator, it was expressed that spelling mistakes in a post (unless my own) should be left, as this is just a person's own writing/typing style. If they make mistakes, they've been made, so long as the message posted is understood.
2 When it comes to fanfics, like I said... After working on cleaning up Kermie's Girl, I'd offer to review and clean up other fics for a nominal fee, if the person accepts my offer to do so.

Just keep writing Songa and it'll be okay.
*Hugs.